• Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Farqui

Detailing Paint Correction GS 450H

15 posts in this topic

Since acquiring my GS earlier this year one issue I've been wanting to tackle is the paintwork. The paint looked a bit tired and generally needed a lift, there were some scratches on the doors/etc that I hoped could be...removed/reduced. The bonnet has it's fair share of stone chips. I wasn't looking for perfection but thought it should be spruced up to look more respectable.

Earlier this week, the car spent 2 days at CustomCreationsUK (Notts area) where Chris/Andy got stuck in to an overall paint correction.

The job turned into a bit of mare for poor Chris as most panels had seen some previous touch ups, blow overs or previous corrections.  But he kept at it and I was amazed when I picked up the car. The paint is now devoid of all swirls, you now have to search for the scratches and it's so, so shiny.

58f9dae8bf220_20170419_165356(Large).thumb.jpg.a6fb2df8cbf62e30f014e883be8ea759.jpg

58f9db6f03702_20170419_165410(Large).thumb.jpg.8ea34d20a684ae36eb1673d27b266a54.jpg

18033241_801930639956431_3357070316171999787_n.jpg.f0c5b39a2141e729e260a792c98a1ec6.jpg

Overnight the weather obliged to allow a compulsory beading shot :yes:

58f9db56d937a_20170420_120224(Large).thumb.jpg.87a6b2d5b43d981f433acc2171bc3802.jpg

You'll find further info and a few more pic's on the CCUK FB album; https://m.facebook.com/pg/ccuk.detailing/photos/?tab=album&album_id=801931233289705

Here's an extract of the work completed; This luxury Lexus came to us to have the paintwork looked at. After many of the body panels had been touched up or resprayed, it was starting to look a little tired. - Snow foam & wash - Full decontamination followed by claying - Wheel cleaned & decontaminated - Scholl S17 & S30 used to cut & refine the paintwork - KKD Purity X sealant applied - Definitive Wax Synthetic Edition applied - Definitive Wax QD Pro used to finish off - Exhaust tips polished.

Their prices are very competitive, their work and customer focus is great.

I'm well chuffed and would definitely recommend them.

What do you think?

2 people like this

Looks good, some of these detailers do a fantastic job, never tried them myself but I have seen the results of others that have had work done.

Gotta love a shiny car!!!

1 person likes this

Nice reflections. :thumbsup:

Would love to get my car professionally corrected but would need to get my bonnet and front bumper seen to first as they are covered in stone chips at the moment. 

1 person likes this

Thanks, it was the first time I've let anyone else detail my car but I wanted it done right and they went beyond my DIY snow foam, 2 bucket wash applying sealant and wax by hand.  I don't have a DA either or access to the kit they have to hand either.

Did you go for a protection layer as well?

Edit: checked the facebook page - so full detail + protection and wax then, wonder how long it will last?

1 person likes this

Great job but the main question is - how much does a job like that cost?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Did you go for a protection layer as well?

Edit: checked the facebook page - so full detail + protection and wax then, wonder how long it will last?

Good question, I've updated the OP with the products used.

It's got sealant and wax protection, they used one of their longer lasting waxes which should be good for 3 months or so.  The Definitive 'show' wax apparently looks 'wetter' but doesn't last as long.  As it's a daily driver I went for a decent coating.  

I did briefly ask about a ceramic layer but almost fell over when they mentioned the cost.  Ceramic coatings do look impressive and last years tho, check out the vid's on YouTube/etc.

24 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Great job but the main question is - how much does a job like that cost?

I didn't put a price as every job is different.  

This is a big car and needed a lot of work but even then, their prices were very competitive. 

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I didn't put a price as every job is different.  

This is a big car and needed a lot of work but even then, their prices were very competitive. 

My RX300 is a big car and needs a lot of work but at least give us a clue - are we talking a couple of hundred? £500? More? Less?

Just now, sorcerer said:

My RX300 is a big car and needs a lot of work but at least give us a clue - are we talking a couple of hundred? £500? More? Less?

I'll drop you a PM

Just now, Farqui said:

I'll drop you a PM

Cheers :yes:

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I'll drop you a PM

I'd be curious to know too :smile:

4 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I'd be curious to know too :smile:

Sure, check your PM's in a tick.

Very nice and shiny. My RX300 was the same colour but it was soft as butter and staring at it would leave scratches so i'm not surprised it was a lot of work

The KKD purity X looks interesting - let us know on its durability - it states about 6 months after doing some research.

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Very nice and shiny. My RX300 was the same colour but it was soft as butter and staring at it would leave scratches so i'm not surprised it was a lot of work

The KKD purity X looks interesting - let us know on its durability - it states about 6 months after doing some research.

Ah now that's interesting, I'd only checked details of the wax (top layer). Thanks.

Product; https://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/products/purity-x-polymer-concentrate

Review; http://www.detailingnation.com/showthread.php?8519-Review-Krystal-Kleen-Detail-PURITY-X

Yeah Germanic paint seems to be some of the most durable, the wife's VW is looking well for it's age.  Our old Honda had really soft paint, softer than the Lexus.