Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Detailing Paint Correction GS 450H

Farqui

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Thre's many different types - I prefer the autosmart version rather than autoglym because its cheaper!

I believe autosmart have just brought out a new product called cobalt+ nano spray sealant which is getting a lot of hype at the minute - spray onto a wet car and dry off and leaves a month of protection behind but its the beading that everyones raving about.

If you want to save a few quid get friendly with your local bodyshop or dealership we get amazing discounts on Autoglym stuff hehe!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dougie175 said:

If you want to save a few quid get friendly with your local bodyshop or dealership we get amazing discounts on Autoglym stuff hehe!

Most places tend to use Autosmart - its a bigger franchise with better products IMO and cover products that Autoglym don't do.

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

Most places tend to use Autosmart - its a bigger franchise with better products IMO and cover products that Autoglym don't do.

I have never been able to test any Autosmart product their rep has never done us the honour of gracing us with his presence, however I have heard good things about them.

I personally use a combination of Autoglym trade products and Meguiars retail products at home and really like them but have no doubt if you can get Autosmart cheaper it will be up to the job

1 hour ago, dougie175 said:

I have never been able to test any Autosmart product their rep has never done us the honour of gracing us with his presence, however I have heard good things about them.

I personally use a combination of Autoglym trade products and Meguiars retail products at home and really like them but have no doubt if you can get Autosmart cheaper it will be up to the job

That is one of the main problems with Autosmart to be honest. Its all about the rep and how good he is. 

You can buy the products on eBay and they are still cheaper than retail Autoglym but not as cheap as they are if you get them from a rep.

Ive used a few Meguiars items and they are good products, the only thing I find with them is you do pay for the packaging more than the product itself as Ive found no huge difference in performance between Meguiars retail and autosmart

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

That is one of the main problems with Autosmart to be honest. Its all about the rep and how good he is. 

You can buy the products on ebay and they are still cheaper than retail autoglym but not as cheap as they are if you get them from a rep.

Ive used a few meguiars items and they are good products, the only thing I find with them is you do pay for the packaging more than the product itself as Ive found no huge difference in performance between meguiars retail and autosmart

Yeah I don't think out Autosmart rep is up to much in our area as we have never met him/her, Autoglym very much have the market here as the closest 5 dealerships in the local all use AG.

I would be interested in Autosmart if it is just as good but cheaper but for the price I get AG buying Autosmart from eBay wouldnt make sense to myself.

3 hours ago, dougie175 said:
Yeah I don't think out Autosmart rep is up to much in our area as we have never met him/her, Autoglym very much have the market here as the closest 5 dealerships in the local all use AG.

I would be interested in Autosmart if it is just as good but cheaper but for the price I get AG buying Autosmart from eBay wouldnt make sense to myself.

Might be worth sending them an email on their website with your postcode on to get the number of the local rep.

The product range is absolutely massive though so be careful as you can end up having 10 different polishes and 12 different wheel cleaners!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pleased with the new lance, my first one clogged very easily (user error?) and in frustration I enlarged the feed. The downside of my 'mod' was that it used up the foam faster than it should #duh The new lance is much more controllable.  

The Blizzard snow foam is much thicker and sits on the car longer than Bilt Hamber, which I have been using.  It seemed to shift the dirt just as well so I'll try it a few more times to see if the results are consistent - it's relatively dry at the moment so not a thorough test.

I haven't tried the Purity X as I'm waiting for a good few hours so I can strip off the remaining protection and start over.  Then I'll finish off with Purity X.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

I'm pleased with the new lance, my first one clogged very easily (user error?) and in frustration I enlarged the feed. The downside of my 'mod' was that it used up the foam faster than it should #duh The new lance is much more controllable.  

The Blizzard snow foam is much thicker and sits on the car longer than Bilt Hamber, which I have been using.  It seemed to shift the dirt just as well so I'll try it a few more times to see if the results are consistent - it's relatively dry at the moment so not a thorough test.

I haven't tried the Purity X as I'm waiting for a good few hours so I can strip off the remaining protection and start over.  Then I'll finish off with Purity X.

Pictures or it didn't happen @Farqui

:wink3:

1 minute ago, lockeyboy said:

Pictures or it didn't happen @Farqui

:wink3:

Drat you got me there #fail as I didn't have time.  

I tested both products back to back on my barge and a visiting pal but her car was in a such a state (Seagull poop'd roof) that I needed to crack on so I could get the roof cleaned up and polished.  

Was quite a job and although I fixed most of the issues there are still some slight residual marks.  But there's a point when you simply can't face washing a car for another time.  The sun was starting to get stronger too so I didn't want to risk the paintwork.  Excuses, excuses! :blink:

• Like 1

Hi Lee

Your car looks amazing; definitely doesn't look 9 years old.  I'm in Nottingham too.  Can you PM me approx. cost too (do they do interiors too?  Also where did you get the spray attachment?  Looks a lot better than the standard one that came with my power washer.

Cheers

Geoff

• Like 2

@Glover / Geoff, thanks she scrubs up well and then looks great. But being black it doesn't take long for the shine to dull.

I'm not sure if CCUK also do interiors but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. *update: they do, see their website - https://www.customcreationsuk.com/pages/valeting-detailing

They did give my mat's a good clean gratis and without being prompted :wink3:

Andy/CCUK supplied the lance along with plenty of advice (if you want it) - https://www.customcreationsuk.com/products/kkd-snow-foam-lance-kit

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 9:22 PM, Glover said:

Thanks Lee

It looks good I'll give them a call before the winter sets in to get the car protected.

Hey Geoff, did you get your car booked in at CCUK?

On 28/04/2017 at 5:31 PM, paulrnx said:

I've also become an anal jet wash............... Does make a difference but I'm hoping the neighbours don't think I'm an arse....

Are you really sure you should be sharing this??? :wink3:

Hi Lee.  had a very hectic autumn and winter so didn't manage to get it booked in; will hopefully get its sorted in the spring when all of the salt has gone off the roads!

• Like 1

Reading this thread again has made me wish the weather would improve so I could get my (visually identical) car close to the standard of Lee’s.

I also bought myself a Karcher K4 which I’m itching to use properly to tackle the cars.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Glover said:
Hi Lee.  had a very hectic autumn and winter so didn't manage to get it booked in; will hopefully get its sorted in the spring when all of the salt has gone off the roads!

Fair do's Geoff, keep us posted when you finally get a-round-tuit.

14 hours ago, Odysseus said:
Reading this thread again has made me wish the weather would improve so I could get my (visually identical) car close to the standard of Lee’s.

I also bought myself a Karcher K4 which I’m itching to use properly to tackle the cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers pal.

My Nilfisk handle refused to accept the hose yesterday #grrrr so I had to wash the wife's V-dub with a plain hose pipe #retro. It'd been caught behind a recovery truck on the A1 that suddenly decided to dump it's oil after over taking. The car was camo coloured so I could really have done with the prewash.