Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

the lexus she flexes from darlo to texas

aandy

Hi guys and gals. Just thought I'd say hi. I am new to the world of Lexus but totally loving it so far. Had my IS200 Sport for 2 weeks now and although she has a few issues there's nothing I cant try and fix lol.

Got full new rear brake setup to put on this weekend, just had the front outer track rods replaced as the ball joints were total'd! Also need to replace front brake carriers at the end of the month as one of my slider pins are totally siezed in.

Here are a few pics after her first good clean!

17796597_1335987519825906_5723265585813952253_n.jpg

17991008_1345426032215388_7597811215972826844_n.jpg

17992036_1345425782215413_2166161918997688430_n.jpg

18010662_1345425762215415_8048618553655654579_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Welcome to the LOC

She looks to be in very good nick and the IS200 is a lovely car so well worth the TLC she's getting

I'm not too far from you - in the 'boro - I'll keep a look out for a nice shiny black IS200 driving around :wink3:

Hello and a warm welcome to the lexus owners club. 

It's always nice to see new members here and I'm happy to hear your totally loving it so far.😀

That really is a lovely looking lexus you have there.

Happy motoring 😀

Hello and welcome to the LOC,

The dreaded seized slider pins...once you have replaced them make it part of your brake maintainance to pull them and re grease, I have moved over to using red rubber grease now from copper grease and it seems to work fine in keeping things moving.

Hi Andrew and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am still loving the car, although finding the motivation to work on her is not happening at the moment lol. I have had the track rod end replaced and the tracking and alignment done now so that is one thing off the list. Still got steering shake over 50mph but I am thinking that is the front calliper binding a bit with the slider pin being dead. I have some new sliders and pins on the way.

Hopefully will be doing the rear brakes if the rain/snow holds off this weekend. 

@bobmc I am around boro quite a bit as the mrs is doing her masters there so may see you around. 

• Like 1