Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer selling my old IS300H F Sport...

I handed it back to Lex at the end of March and it is now on Autotrader at an independent dealer in Sheffield  - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704084215481

It scrubbed up well, though some of the text in the ad is dubious.  It doesn't have a pano sunroof, but it does have AVS, though I doubt the dealer would know that as it isn't obvious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve44 said:

I handed it back to Lex at the end of March and it is now on Autotrader at an independent dealer in Sheffield  - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704084215481

It scrubbed up well, though some of the text in the ad is dubious.  It doesn't have a pano sunroof, but it does have AVS, though I doubt the dealer would know that as it isn't obvious.

I presume Lexus put it into the next auction and those guys bought it.

Still don't understand why they didn't just keep it and sell it on themselves

52 minutes ago, mpls said:

Don't think Lex is a Lexus Franchise dealer, more a car leasing  company that deals with all makes...

Yeah they are but I would have thought they'd hand it back to supplying dealer than shoving it in auction

Lex Autolease aren't interested in selling vehicles themselves, they just want a quick return.  The supplying dealer was RRG Bradford, but they source from wherever they can get it cheapest.  The guy that collected it from me, took it directly to a BCA auction house for prep and then sale to other trades people. I imagine the dealer paid circa £13-14k @ auction for it.  I wonder what deal they did to source the car.  I know what my company was paying for the car monthly. They didn't lose out even at list price!

My previous car (a Vauxhall Astra) also ended up on Autotrader eventually, but mysteriously had 20k miles wiped off the clock in the process. :huh:  Glad to see this doesn't appear to be the case this time.

A lot of dealers have contacts at independent garages and sell cars direct. Lister Lexus Cheltenham however sold my trade in Mercedes cabriolet to a private buyer they knew. My previous Mercedes C class traded at Bristol Mercedes ended up in an independent garage in Barry South Wales...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links