Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cold air through rear vents on GS300h?

I have a GS300h, without the elaborate system for air conditioning in the rear (as far as I can tell!)

But surely, there must be some way to get cool air into the rear, through the vents on the centre console perhaps?

It was really warm yesterday, so much so that the little fans came on in the front seats, but there was no cool air on the back. The vents on the centre console put out nothing, despite the fact they were definitely "open".

That can't be right can it?

I'd never heard of S Flow and didn't have a clue as to what that button did.

After testing it and reading the manual, I am still not sure what it does!

When I pressed it so that the light went out, I could feel cool air blowing through them. Great. 

But the cooling fans also started blowing in the front passenger seat, despite noone being sat there. 

What's the logic behind that?

Logic? This is Lexus we're talking about...

I think S-Flow is supposed to maximise efficiency by only heating/cooling the areas of the car that are occupied. Therefore, if it's off, I guess everything gets heated/cooled.

Just to confuse matters, there is a separate setting accessed via the screen that also controls rear climate, if you have the 3-zone system. I'm not sure if S-Flow over-rides that. Fortunately, I never have anyone in the back so I've never had to find out.

16 minutes ago, keiron99 said:

I'd never heard of S Flow and didn't have a clue as to what that button did.

After testing it and reading the manual, I am still not sure what it does!

When I pressed it so that the light went out, I could feel cool air blowing through them. Great. 

But the cooling fans also started blowing in the front passenger seat, despite noone being sat there. 

What's the logic behind that?

Silly question, you have your seats set to Auto?

26 minutes ago, Northern_Si said:

Silly question, you have your seats set to Auto?

You mean the heating/cooling switch? Yes I do, and by and large it works very well!

I assume there are pressure pads in the seat that detect someone is sat in them?

You would have thought that for a negligible cost they could have installed them in the rear, and the heating/cooling vents would operate when someone is sat there.