Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Confusion with fuel consumption

Finzky

Hi, I came across one confusion regarding petrol consumption in my lexus ct200h.

So my petrol tank I believe is around 40 litres, just topped up 35 litres and tank been full even petrol gauge lifted a bit above of full.

My computer shows me that for 40 litres I can make 372 miles, but when I read in manual  fuel consumtion  I should make around 65 mpg and total per tank around 700 miles.

How da hell it`s possible if my computer shows me 36mpg? Is something wrong with my car?

20170424_172234.jpg

Hi Eriks, Isn't the current range calc'd from your current MPG?  

So if you've been heavy with the right foot, then the calc'd range will be less.

Did you reset your consumption figures?  If not, reset it just before coasting down hill and watch your range soar :yes:

• Like 1

Ive found that it doesn't go over a certain amount in both my cars. My RX is always showing around 340 miles when brimmed but the first 50 miles or so goes down slower than the odometer goes up

i think your car is ok it maybe your right foot

i used to average around 58mpg - 62mpg on a mixture of A roads & motorways in summer

and around 6mpg ess in the winter months

Thank you guys for replies. I`m pushing my right feet down too much indeed. I downloaded fuelly app, let`s see what it will say after couple of petrol tanks.

• Like 1

Rightyo, let us know how you get on.

Tank to tank calc's are more accurate but I am finding that the GS on board 'puter is one of the more accurate I've found on a vehicle.

Fuelly is a good app to track consumption, I've been using aCar for years which has a bunch more features.  

I think most car manufacturers MPG figures are highly optimistic in my opinion and are best taken with a pinch of salt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi.  New here.  Recently got CT200h.  Previous vehicles I have had preferred certain petrols.  Without wanting to encourage unwarranted advertising, has anyone noticed any differences in performance between fuel brands?

c06d42edddbe72b07b1c8385e0935ca8.jpg

This is my Fuelly from a week ago. The tank has a 45 litre capacity. When I fill up it's showing about 30 miles left on the range (just before the light comes on). After fill up it can show anything from 450 miles upwards. I usually get about 405 miles until that low fuel range reading.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PhilCT200h said:

Hi.  New here.  Recently got CT200h.  Previous vehicles I have had preferred certain petrols.  Without wanting to encourage unwarranted advertising, has anyone noticed any differences in performance between fuel brands?

Welcome. Interestingly yes. I'm actually finding Shell to be much worse than the Asda stuff, so much for their fuelsave branding!

On 25/04/2017 at 7:45 PM, PhilCT200h said:

Hi, I never had any other fuel in my cars petrol thank thank SHELL V-POWER. I know it`s more expensive than others, but so far so good can`t complain at all, especially I have to put full tank once in two-three weeks (If I`m not driving long distances, just to work, shopping, home). 

since 2013 we have had a Ct200h,Honda Jazz hybrid and currently have an Auris hybrid and an Is300h

and have come to the conclusion the hybrid doesnt seem to get better milage

from the premium fuels over the standard forecourt fuels i stay with standard shell petrol and if they're busy

i will use sainsburys fuel, i think the fuel efficiency is governed by the attkinson cycle the Ct & the Is use

and this is why the fuel grade doesn't make any difference to economy.

• Like 1

We bought our CT at the end of September last year, so when the weather was turning colder. MPG was high 30s to low 40s apart from January when it was 33mpg but that was down to frosty mornings and having the heater on all the time. It has now been slowly increasing to mid-high 40s and over the weekend we achieved 53mpg when we went away. It cost £35 to do 346 miles and if we had gone in my 2.4 Accord it would have cost more than double that. This is all calculated manually, I find the trip computer reads about 3mpg over.

I am happy with that and hopefully it'll increase a little more with the warmer weather. I don't think neither of us are particularly gentle with the acceleration and braking, especially me! I do try to pull away smoothly when I can and coast to slow down but I don't think it'll ever make me a proper eco driver.

FWIW we have always used Esso fuel in the car.

I always use Shell. I always have done in all my cars. V power has no effect at all and is too expensive. Once a month I use a bottle of Redex which it does benefit from and my mpg is creeping up.

113f73e4aaec5b19dcfa3f51f1be0e91.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 4/25/2017 at 7:45 PM, PhilCT200h said:

No

7 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Partial fuel up?

Next one will be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had left in petrol tank some 5 litres of petros, so I typed in partial fuel up, cos in fact tank was not empty. Will post my next fuel top up as well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links