Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Autumn Welsh Blat

Sadly this will probably now die! While this forum is great very few are willing to step forward and organise meets, events etc. I experienced this while organising number of blue water meets. 

I would have have taken this on if I was not already organising other drives and meets for other forums/groups. 

I hope someone does come forward as it looks to be a good crack. 

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Whatever happened to this event? Did it happen?

If it did it was kept very quiet, not seen any photos etc...............

17 hours ago, emjay82 said:

What's a blat? 

blat
blat/
NORTH AMERICANinformal
verb
  1. 1.
    make a bleating sound.
    "horsemen on ugly steeds, grunting and blatting and howling"
  2. 2.
    travel quickly.
    "blatting down the motorway"
noun
  1. 1.
    a bleat or similar noise.
    "the blat of Jack's horn"

Take your pick from the above!
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:
blat
blat/
NORTH AMERICANinformal
verb
  1. 1.
    make a bleating sound.
    "horsemen on ugly steeds, grunting and blatting and howling"
  2. 2.
    travel quickly.
    "blatting down the motorway"
noun
  1. 1.
    a bleat or similar noise.
    "the blat of Jack's horn"

Take your pick from the above!

Many thanks, can you also help with this....? 

_20180531_123935.thumb.JPG.aee45ca6c862812483a176bd252c5f9e.JPG

• Haha 2

I would be up for a 'blat' - Welsh or otherwise...my lady is already 'softened' up (!?) so no need to organise a pass. I will look into routes and dates for early/mid October and circulate a link to the required b&b bookings...on the basis of £40/day on petrol as advised by Ratty I'm guessing you covered about 200miles each day, so for the route I'm looking for two stops each about 200 miles away from one another? I presume criteria for accomodation is close to a pub with at least breakfast included...leave it to me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2017 at 12:12 PM, Stuno1 said:

Sadly this will probably now die! While this forum is great very few are willing to step forward and organise meets, events

I think you are totally correct. 

Sad 😌

Sorry to have written a cheque I was unable to cash...unexpectedly my ex-wife had a bit of a wobble and my two children had to come and live with me full time...the last two months haven't been the easiest for judicious nights of Googling and herding cats...normally I like to organise and co-ordinate, but i've been doing enough of that with Children's Services, the police, solicitors and the mad-ex...have to say the RC-F has been a wonderful way of letting off steam. The rear tires aren't going to thank me though!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Sorry to have written a cheque I was unable to cash...unexpectedly my ex-wife had a bit of a wobble and my two children had to come and live with me full time...the last two months haven't been the easiest for judicious nights of Googling and herding cats...normally I like to organise and co-ordinate, but i've been doing enough of that with Children's Services, the police, solicitors and the mad-ex...have to say the RC-F has been a wonderful way of letting off steam. The rear tires aren't going to thank me though!

Sorry to hear that Tom.

Sounds like you have your hands full. 

I'm sure somebody will be along in a moment and run with the organisation of an Autumn Blat. After all, this thread has over a 1000 views - so surely there'll be people queuing up!

9 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Sorry to hear that Tom.

Sounds like you have your hands full. 

I'm sure somebody will be along in a moment and run with the organisation of an Autumn Blat. After all, this thread has over a 1000 views - so surely there'll be people queuing up!

:no:

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2018 at 1:23 PM, C.B said:

If it happened in 2017 can we just press repeat? Or did I miss some sarcasm

Did I read this right..... a volunteer to press a button and get this organised!  Excellent 😀