Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Version

I don't think you can install the map without a license code.  This unique code is generated from the unique ID number in your navi setup screen, which you must provide to your dealer (or Satnavishop).  They can generate the unique license code (that is based on your ID number) which you must enter to continue the installation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, John Nooij said:

I don't think you can install the map without a license code.  This unique code is generated from the unique ID number in your navi setup screen, which you must provide to your dealer (or Satnavishop).  They can generate the unique license code (that is based on your ID number) which you must enter to continue the installation.

Thanks John, makes sense now. The software is generic. The non-Lexus suppliers have worked out or cracked the algorithm, take your vehicle unique ID, run it through a key-generator to supply an activation code for your specific vehicle. 

I'd still be interested in getting hold of a copy of the generic data file(s), see what I can dig out of it or source/buy an activation code to install it.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:35 PM, Maxz said:

I'd still be interested in getting hold of a copy of the generic data file(s), see what I can dig out of it or source/buy an activation code to install it.

I don't know if the 13CY 2022-2023 files can be downloaded, but the 2021-2022 files can be found e.g. HERE.

But, as I told you, these are only the files of the maps.  You need a license code to update your navi with them.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, John Nooij said:

I don't know if the 13CY 2022-2023 files can be downloaded, but the 2021-2022 files can be found e.g. HERE.

But, as I told you, these are only the files of the maps.  You need a license code to update your navi with them.

Thanks John. Funny enough I found and downloaded those already a while back but the compressed files are password protected, that's two levels of passwords to get past then! 🤣

Basically I have a Kiwi (.kwi) explorer program, wanted to do a bit of investigation into how the file is encrypted and structured where possible.

What is interesting if you read the legal disclaimers in the car menu, are all the maps used are open source. So the map data Toyota/Lexus use is not copyrighted. What you are paying for is for those maps to be formatted to be compatible with Lexus Nav software, and encrypted so you pay to unencrypt (via activation code) to install. Given they probably just run the updated maps through a batch program to repackage, nice little earner!

I'll keep digging around on this. If I find or work anything out will share but probably too hard a nut to crack. This one makes the thread I got involved with on the aftermarket mirror folding cable seem like childsplay 🫣

2 hours ago, John Nooij said:

Ah yes, this folding mirror topic with all the wiring issues that were required for the RHD. You finally solved this, and now enjoy the folding mirrors every day when you lock your car?

Beats pressing that button everytime I get in or out the car 👍

If 15CY -navigator has software VC18 and map VC18 how will update go on ? Where is the memory of this software VC18 and will this update process update software to VE94 version with new map data??. This is not clear yet.  My Lexus service found serious problems in 15cy OS's communication to navigators flash card memory. They have to wait new instructions from Lexus. This is the 2nd time they have problems with map update in my car. 

42 minutes ago, LRyder said:

If 15CY -navigator has software VC18 and map VC18 how will update go on ? Where is the memory of this software VC18 and will this update process update software to VE94 version with new map data??.. 

It's not really clear to me what you mean by this question, but I just ordered THIS map for my 2020 IS300h (so, CY15: Gen9 version), and installed it from the setup screen. After some time the update completed without any troubles, and the new card (02-42-50) + software (VE94102A) were installed.

I understand in your case the update crashed and now you've visited the dealer who is waiting for instructions from Lexus, am I correct?

28 minutes ago, John Nooij said:

It's not really clear to me what you mean by this question, but I just ordered THIS map for my 2020 IS300h (so, CY15: Gen9 version), and installed it from the setup screen. After some time the update completed without any troubles, and the new card (02-42-50) + software (VE94102A) were installed.

I understand in your case the update crashed and now you've visited the dealer who is waiting for instructions from Lexus, am I correct?

My question was: Will this update USB 15Cy update software too from VC18 to VE94 ?. Did you have VC18 software before updating ?

Yes my service is waiting info from Lexus. Maybe hardware problems.

No, as I told earlier in this topic: my version prior to the update was for the map 02-39-00 and for the software VE94100B.

These previous map and software version were the initial installed versions when I bought the car.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still unclear, how can you get navigator software VE94102A for 15CY multimedia system. 

Is it coming from a new USB 15CY with the new map or how?

Old software is VC18102A.

19 hours ago, LRyder said:

It's still unclear, how can you get navigator software VE94102A for 15CY multimedia system. 

Is it coming from a new USB 15CY with the new map or how?

Old software is VC18102A.

Is that Premium navigation, as opposed to standard? The control is not a dial, but a knob?

How to update maps on your Lexus Premium Navigation System - Lexus UK Magazine

If it's a standard, then it's a download to USB stick method. You can buy the map from Lexus for 120 or 3rd party for 60, satnavishop et al.

1 hour ago, DBIZO said:

Is that Premium navigation, as opposed to standard? The control is not a dial, but a knob?

How to update maps on your Lexus Premium Navigation System - Lexus UK Magazine

If it's a standard, then it's a download to USB stick method. You can buy the map from Lexus for 120 or 3rd party for 60, satnavishop et al.

My Multimedia system is 15CY for IS300h . Yes you can get map USB, but where is navigation software VE94100B ? 13CY has VC18 -software. Navigator has internal SD-card . Is navigator software in the same memory as Multimedia System 15CY. Map USB can update software, but can it update VC18 to VE94 ?.

I think that navigation software is not in SD-card, but how it works actually ?

Has anybody other this VC18 software in 15CY system like I have?

System picture something like this Navigation & front monitor display for Lexus IS300H AVE30 - Auto parts (epc-data.com)

It's still unclear if you have the standard navi (update using an usb stick) or the premium navi (you need a new sd card).

Please post a photo of your navi setup screen, where the version of the map and the software are visible.

You better contact SatNaviShop with your question, HERE.

I've a very good experience with them as I explained earlier in this topic.  If you explain your situation (they need a photo of your navi setup screen) then your issue will be solved I'm sure.

3 hours ago, LRyder said:

My Multimedia system is 15CY for IS300h . Yes you can get map USB, but where is navigation software VE94100B ? 13CY has VC18 -software. Navigator has internal SD-card . Is navigator software in the same memory as Multimedia System 15CY. Map USB can update software, but can it update VC18 to VE94 ?.

I think that navigation software is not in SD-card, but how it works actually ?

Has anybody other this VC18 software in 15CY system like I have?

System picture something like this Navigation & front monitor display for Lexus IS300H AVE30 - Auto parts (epc-data.com)

Misunderstood your question. Don't know how to update software. It either comes with the map update, or you need a Lexus garage update if for you, but I expect it to be cost prohibitive (hundreds) for they will charge you several hours of labour.

Now it's more clear for me that my navigator electronics is 13CY with software VC18. My display is 15CY-type (round menu and round icons). I think that this is not an official system in my car. 15CY operating system and 13CY navigator are obviously incompatible and not tested by Lexus ?? Official 15CY multimedia OS has 15CY -navigator and software VE94102A or VE94100B. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links