Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

retrieving service history from lexus

is it possible to find missing history at lexus ive some early stuff missing im assuming it would of been into lexus as it was owned by barclays bank from new untill 5 yr old and thats whats missing

Under the data protection act Lexus will quote this when you inquire they will not divulge what is in their database for previous owners to third parties unless a sale of the vehicle is orchestrated  through them.

In other words if you did'nt buy it from them "no".

The information on the car does not, as far as I recall, come under the DP Act. 

The act is about the disclosure of personal information of a living person, not an inanimate object.

They may refuse to give you the information because it's theirs and they don't wish to share it, or company policy states they don't give out that sort of information over the phone. They may give you the information if you turn up in the car.

Lexus Bradford gave me details over the phone, and then tried to sell me a service and warranty. :lol:

• Like 1

I asked parts department at Lexus for mine and they were happy to print off what they could which was very little, just some parts that were bought when the cam belt was done. Unfortunately both Lexus garages that serviced mine had shut down in the interim and there were no records!

6 hours ago, shanra said:

Unfortunately both Lexus garages that serviced mine had shut down in the interim and there were no records!

I explored this issue a little in 2011 (  I can't remember why )  even though I had a full printout of my FLSH when i bought the car personally from the Parts Manager at Lexus Poole.  I guess he had obtained the computer records easily at that time.

NOW, if my memory serves me well, the records were kept centrally on the computer at Lexus HQ in the UK somewhere at that time.  The local Dealer was just the conduit for getting the data.

How and if they keep that data for a 20 year old car, well, who would know !

Malc

About a year ago I was told by Lexus Guildford that there is no central Lexus UK record of services carried out on individual cars. The only commonly held records are amongst Lexus agents who belong to the same ownership group.

You would have to know which main agent serviced the car and approach them.

In the USA anyone can check official service history for any Lexus from a web site.