Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just want to give a thumbs up to Lexus Hedge End. Bought a three year old GS a couple of weeks back and when I picked it up they pointed out a small dent in the rear wing that I'd not noticed. Taking it in tomorrow to get sorted. Many unscrupulous dealers would say bought as seen!

• Like 1

We only bought a Lexus 6 years ago from LHE when we were replacing a much loved Volvo (sorry!) but they were the only dealer that treated both myself and my wife with any decency. We looked at BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes and the salesmen thought they were better than us. They may have been but that's one hell of a presumption! 

• Like 1

Can't comment on BMW dealers, and I've had some great MB dealers (prior to the great reorganisation) but the only person I've been close to punching since I left school (many many years ago) was the then sales manager at my local MB dealer.

I was trading in a less than 2 year old SLK 320 for a brand new M Class. The man was a monumental moronic bag of.........Their parts guys are delightful :)

• Like 1

The dealer experience was one of the reasons I bought a Lexus. 

MB I found arrogant and rude with a trade in value for my E-class which could only be called an insult.  BMW ignored me when I walked around the dealer and although Jaguar was an ok experience, I didn't fit in the XE.   MB even said to me that the only important thing is the car and the dealer experience important  When buying a car which was close to £50k new, how I'm treated by the dealer is very important to me.

The only one which came close was Infinity but the cars just didn't do it for me and they didn't do things like service plans. 

Lexus made me feel like a customer. I liked the way I was offered coffee before any business was discussed. I also like the way they are more honest on the future value on their PCPs.... something the Germans are not. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 8:50 AM, Northern_Si said:

The dealer experience was one of the reasons I bought a Lexus. 

MB I found arrogant and rude with a trade in value for my E-class which could only be called an insult.  BMW ignored me when I walked around the dealer and although Jaguar was an ok experience, I didn't fit in the XE.   MB even said to me that the only important thing is the car and the dealer experience important  When buying a car which was close to £50k new, how I'm treated by the dealer is very important to me.

The only one which came close was Infinity but the cars just didn't do it for me and they didn't do things like service plans. 

Lexus made me feel like a customer. I liked the way I was offered coffee before any business was discussed. I also like the way they are more honest on the future value on their PCPs.... something the Germans are not. 

Don't get me started on MB - they think the customer is a fool and treat all customers like that

6 hours ago, rayaans said:

Don't get me started on MB - they think the customer is a fool and treat all customers like that

My final encounter with MB was a moan about the negative equity in my E350cdi while stood next to a car with a banner which mentioned a £2k dealer contribution on 2nd hand cars which the salesman didnt mention.   I stood there thinking I left an open goal for them to get my repeat business. 

One thing I like about Lexus is the 36 month limit on PCPs which gives them a better estimate on the future value. At them moment, the balloon figure on my 14 plate in 18 months time with 80k on the clock will be £9k. Unless I find a serious alternative to the 450h, this will be the first PCP that I actually buy at the end of the term.

It is just a shame Lexus servicing is a little in the high side and they make you pay for map updates in the first few years of ownership.  For a car which spends most of the time on the motorway a 10k mile interval on the servicing is a little excessive. 

I was amazed at Lexus Bolton. Even though my GS450h is an 08, basically an old banger, they treated me like the best customer they had. First names, banter and an endless amount of coffee. They even provided a brand new courtesy car and a bottle of water & snacks for my journey back to Blackpool.

Dealerships however are few and far between. An 80 mile round trip is a bit far, if you're busy.

28767073142_3e9a3dc77b_b.jpgIMG_2010 by John Pate, on Flickr

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AmbroseJohn said:

I was amazed at Lexus Bolton. Even though my GS450h is an 08, basically an old banger, they treated me like the best customer they had. First names, banter and an endless amount of coffee. They even provided a brand new courtesy car and a bottle of water & snacks for my journey back to Blackpool.

Dealerships however are few and far between. An 80 mile round trip is a bit far, if you're busy.

28767073142_3e9a3dc77b_b.jpgIMG_2010 by John Pate, on Flickr

I suffer from the same problem service wise. My nearest dealers "Wolverhampton or Cheltenham" are a 120 mile round trip, and although they will supply a courtesy car a service effectively takes two days out of my weak.

At first I was told we can pick your car up, and deliver it back to you, but this offer disappeared when they found the journey involved no dual carriageways or motorways just country lanes.

In Wales there are only two dealers "Chester in north Wales or Cardiff in south Wales" I live just about half way between the two.

John

I have bought two cars from Lexus Hedge End, and would not consider going anywhere else for services and future purchases. In fact, it is thanks to them that I remain faithful to the brand. Their approach to customer service is just outstanding.

• Like 1

Ive dealt with 2 dealers for purchase - Lexus Chester and Lexus Stockport, and Lexus Bolton for servicing. All 3 have been excellent. Happy customer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links