Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I wanted to change the 3 flash indicator thing to 5 flashes and noticed that it has to be done by a dealer so I asked the dealer to it and they said it would take about 3 hours and cost about 90 quid!

Does that sound right and has anyone had it done?

Surely it should just have been something they could have put in the car settings?

It takes a few minutes to change the settings. The best way over the problem is to buy a "Mini VCI with Techsream" from Amazon/Ebay, and use your laptop to program any of the settings yourself. Cost is about £15, and you will then be able to also read any fault codes in the future without paying the dealer.

John

• Like 2

Reckon I ought to get myself one of these Techstream gizmo's as my indicators don't have any momentary flashes at the moment. The kit seems like it'd come in handy every now and again and it's not like it's expensive.

When in for it's service, the dealer did a similar free update for us...forcing the doors to unlock on Park. So Alan, do you have a good rapport with the dealer?

4 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Get Carista OBD2, it can do most if not all the customisations, plus diagnostics

http://www.caristaapp.com/

Never heard of that, checks website but I see only limited customisations within the free app.

STANARD

FREE

• Diagnose: drivetrain (engine, transmission); eco (emission test readiness)
  • Customize: unlock all doors vs. driver’s door only

Had my NX in for a recall a few weeks back and asked them to change the flashes to 5, done free of charge. I think it takes about 10 mins and that includes driving the car into the workshop..

On 26/04/2017 at 10:44 PM, Ala Larj said:

Thanks capese21 will give that a go tomorrow when the beers have worn off! But why do they make something that should be so simple so complicated?

Yes, it should be free of charge to be honest. 

When did you buy the car from them?

On 26/04/2017 at 8:00 PM, capese21 said:

Thanks capese21. Checked your link and managed to do it. There's a couple of methods on there, essentially the same but this was the clearest. I've added step 11as it didn't work first time till I switched the power off then on again before testing. 

1. Start with the car completely off.

2. Use the rotary **** on the wiper control to set how many blinks you want. This **** has four positions:

- 1st (bottom) position = 3 blinks
- 2nd position = 5 blinks
- 3rd position = 7 blinks
- 4th (top) position = no automatic blinks

3. Hold the wiper lever in the all-the-way-up position, and keep holding it there

4. With foot OFF brake pedal, press the start button twice so the gauges light up (keep holding that wiper lever up!)

5. Continue to hold the wiper lever all the way up for a count of 8 or more (if you go too fast you will have to start all over!)

6. Let the wiper lever come down one position and hold it there for a count of 8 (don't let it go back to the middle, just let it come down one position)

7. Hold with wiper lever all the way up again for another count of 8

8. Let with wiper lever come down one position again, and hold it for a count of 8

9. Let go of the wiper lever. The right turn signal should flash once. If it doesn't, turn the car off and start again at step 1.

10. Briefly move the turn signal lever down 1 position and let go of it again.

The left turn signal should flash to confirm your setting, but not in the way you might expect. It will blink 1, 2, 3, or 4 times to match where you set the rotary **** on the wiper control, so:

- 1 flash = set for 3 blinks

- 2 flashes = set for 5 blinks

- 3 flashes = set for 7 blinks

- 4 flashes = no auto blinks

11. Turn power OFF, then turn on again and test.

Thanks Ala Larj, just tried this on my 2015 IS300h, now have 5 flashes instead of 3, always felt 3 a little too short.

I'd tried it before but my '5 seconds' must have been too quick, so I tried your method of counting to 8 and it worked first time that way.

Only had my IS for 2 months, loving the car, you never know, the next one could be a GS :smile:

Vince

Edited by Vince Donald
Spelling

Thanks for the thanks Vince but I can't really take the credit. Adapted someone elses method, just added step 11 after it didn't work first time for me! I was after a third generation IS but took a GAS for a test drive and was smitten. Highly recommended. 

30 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

I was after a third generation IS but took a GAS for a test drive and was smitten. Highly recommended. 

I assume "Gas" is a GS and if you have a 300H then it is a 4th gen!!  I had an IS and to moved to a GS, great car.

Ed:yes:

40 minutes ago, capese21 said:

I assume "Gas" is a GS and if you have a 300H then it is a 4th gen!!  I had an IS and to moved to a GS, great car.

Ed:yes:

From one pedant to another gas is GS but crappy auto text thingy, but it is a gas to drive. As for the IS I had a second generation and was looking for the third. The fourth I believe would need a time machine! 😀

5 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

The fourth I believe would need a time machine!

Ah I read it (wrong) as a 3rd gen GS!!  I wish the interior ambient lighting didn't dim when selecting D.  Now if I had a wiring diagram for the GS..........................

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Thanks for the thanks Vince but I can't really take the credit. Adapted someone elses method, just added step 11 after it didn't work first time for me! I was after a third generation IS but took a GAS for a test drive and was smitten. Highly recommended. 

Ha, thats how I ended up with my first Saab 9-5, I went in to test a 9-3 having previously had a 900.  The 9-3 was out on another test drive and I was admiring a 9-5, so they took me out in that first, then I went in the 9-3, same engine but faster in the smaller 9-3 but much nicer to drive the 9-5.

I did contemplate a GS, but found an IS in the colour I wanted at a reasonable price so never went in a GS... yet.

Vince

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links