Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Bought A Serpantine Belt.......?

if so how much? I emailed grove brighton around dinner time & so far no reply, unusual for them, anyway, anyone any idea how much they are, I might as well get that done when I get the cambelt done, I think the one on mine is probably the original

Hells bells cornershop, thats cheap, i called lexus edgware today for 4 rubber brake hoses, they were over £100 quid just for 4 short hose pipes & had to come from Japan, appx 3 weeks, thanks for that,

I use them for parts but my indi does the work, I was really surprised today when they quoted over £100 for 4 brake hoses and had to be sent from japan

I got one from my local motor factor with no problem at all, he had one on the shelf. I suspect it fits many other types of car.

I paid about £20 for it in 2014 and it took about half an hour to fit as I found it much easier once I had removed the radiator shroud.

If you are going to do the job yourself make sure you have a "map" of the belt route as you will soon forget which pulleys were overs and which were unders!

I used this picture.

Good luck.

Steve.

IMAG0012.jpg

• Like 1

This a job that main dealers really rip you off on saying it's a 20min job, I told them you need to get a new mechanic as it took my mechanic 8 mins to do, you should have seen their faces 

"Rubber Brake Pipes".   Do you mean the flexible brake pipes?  Take your old ones to your local motor accessory shop/motor factor and they will match them up from their stock catalogue at a much lower price than OEM/Lexus and just as good.

Just done mine it was one I bought from a Lexus dealer in Fort myers Florida two years ago.

The one that was on as been on since new and although it as only done 35k miles the ribbing is cracking.

It is easier with two pair of hands when fitting, one person holding it in place at the steering pump pulley whilst the other operates the tensioner and slipping the belt on to the pulley otherwise the belt comes off its alignment.

I bought one the other week a Gates branded one for £14.00 delivered, type was 6PK2260 but for some reason it didn't fit (was too tight to get over the tensioner pulley even when pulled back fully).

The Celsior one seems to be longer than the LS400 as the Lexus sizes seem to vary between 2225mm and 2240mm in length dependant on the seller.

I have now ordered  2270mm one to try for mine.

Regards the belt routing there should be a diagram on the underside of the front edge of the bonnet.

Where did you get it from? I note you have a 1994, mines 1995, I have not received mine from eBay order, due yesterday, but if they mess me about by not refunding (they sometimes try that on ebay) Ill do an indemnity....

I will try to clear up any confusion on what belt to use;

The part number shown is the US Lexus part no but the key is in the H2230 

The Gates belt shown on eBay part number 6PK2228 shows up as the compatible oem for the years 95-2000.

The part number in the pic is quoted in the list of compatible belts so the Gates belt is the required belt for the 95 model and Gates are the biggest transmission belt manufacturer in the world I used to have shares in them way back.

DSC03352.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links