Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Double beep

I have noticed that on A roads i often get a double beep (from the SATNAV?) which I thought indicated a speed camera/sensor but in every case there was none to be seen.  And when I did pass a genuine speed camera, one of those white vans with rear windows, there was no beep warning at all. I'm not a big SATNAV user (too many disagreements with wife who loves map reading) but maybe the beep is related to something else ?? 

It is a speed camera alert but only for fixed camera locations, not for vans. I've found it very accurate. I have Connected services set up on my Premium Nav, so I don't know if this it more up to date?

I've not found any reference to the alert in any of the handbooks and found no settings in the Nav menus

Agreed with Peter,

Its not going to pick up white vans that move around everyday 

Also, whilst they do pick up fixed speed cameras, they don't pick up the most recent ones due to maps being atleast 1 year old even though they're the latest version as it takes that much time to collate the information

It's where one's mobile phone is used as a internet hotspot for the NAV system. Enables live traffic info, parking data etc..

It also allows the car to communicate with the Lexus portal. From the handbook..

The following services are available by connecting the system to Lexus portal site via
the internet using a cellular phone or Wi-Fi® network.
􀁺 Online search: New establishments, such as restaurants, bars etc., that are not registered
in the system, can be set as a destination.
􀁺 Importing memory points and routes: Establishments that were searched using a personal
computer can be set as a destination and can be registered as memory points.
􀁺 Street View: The Street View of the desired location can be viewed.
􀁺 Panoramio: User’s pictures, comments and other information can be viewed on a map.

It also identifies areas that are signposted as being areas where speed cameras operate, shown by the black on white speed camera sign at the side of the road

I'm sure I read somewhere Lexus estimate if one uses the hotspot option 2hrs a day one would use approx 6MB a month, or something similar. 

I do recall it being a trivial amount. I don't have unlimited data and have not noticed any significant increase in my data usage.

• Like 2