Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK, mechi dummy here again, can anyone tell me which other parts I need (rollers pulleys etc) from this lot, simple list please, 1995 LS 400:wallbash:

https://tinyurl.com/k9h9cm6

https://tinyurl.com/mr7ujac

Actually, can someone just write down what I need for this godamn cambelt change?.......its like being a bleeding baby again

Why not go for the complete kit like these on Ebay here.

I've not got an LS400 so I don't know about the layout and location of the bits BUT, it's often wise to also change the water pump at the same time if they're in the same area. For instance, on the RX300 a good 90% of the work to get to the cambelt would have to be done again to get to the water pump if it was done at a different time.

2 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

Yep and there's a tube shaped drop down tensioner that's worth replacing too. One with the ring pull.

Can you link it? I have no idea what it is or where, Im limited to fixing things with a bit of chewing gum, thanks

4 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Can you link it? I have no idea what it is or where, Im limited to fixing things with a bit of chewing gum, thanks

I think he may mean beer!

22 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Do you mean.......why? I don't get it.

Just being silly, mostly because I'm away in Cornwall and the cider makes you that way.  I looked at the link and saw the part but I'm not over familiar with it, looks more like a hand grenade with a pin!

back to basics ....  wouldn't you want to know the make of the water pump ?

I understand there are several out there but Aisin is the one to have I understand

And if that's so then there's a reason ( which i don't know ) why the others might be inferior !

Malc

9 minutes ago, Malc said:

back to basics ....  wouldn't you want to know the make of the water pump ?

No, not really. Why would you? If you book it into a garage for the work to be done, they will order in the parts and do the work - they don't ask you what brand of parts you want. If you have new sockets or lights fitted in your house, the electrician won't ask you what brand of sockets and switches you want.

I used to love working on my car but sadly I can't do it anymore due to health problems, so I take it to the garage and say 'x, y and z needs doing' so they do it and present me with a bill at the end of the job and that's it.

well, there we are ........  yes i would specify the make and style of electric sockets ..... such varying qualities.

Likewise i would want to now the best water pump availability.

My indy always talks me through the options on spares to be used on my cars, recommending this or that option.

Malc

• Like 1

reading posts on here over times past reveals that Aisin could be the preferred make of waterpump,...............  the others i don't know.

I've not replaced one yet.

I don't know what OEM is either.

It's quite likely that others on here can help, or further research on the forum, might reveal more of what you would wish to know and understand.

Maybe just ask the seller what make it is and if it's Aisin then you've WON without further research :wink3:

Malc

36 minutes ago, Malc said:

might reveal more of what you would wish to know and understand.

37 minutes ago, Malc said:

It's quite likely that others on here can help, or further research on the forum, might reveal more of what you would wish to know and understan

Not as far as buying a kit on eBay from a UK based outfit, they can't, the dealer I ordered that from is the only UK dealer selling the full kit on eBay.

What seems to have passed people by is the fact that all LS 400 which are not later than 1997 are 20 years and more old and obsolete, >the numbers of sales< of such kits must be absolutely abysmal, who on earth is going to invest capital to sell obsolete stock to the ever increasing number rare users? 

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

Original Equipment Manufacturer  ....              often car producers may have several suppliers for the same piece

Malc

Are saying that non Lexus dealers with genuine lexus products are selling 1995 or older LS400 cambelt kits on eBay, apart from the lexusonline site? I asked you before, so now I'll ask again, please pass a link to these (plural) dealers.

1 minute ago, dendonc said:

What seems to have passed people by is the fact that all LS 400 which are not later than 1997 are 20 years and more old and obsolete, >the numbers of sales< of such kits must be absolutely abysmal, who on earth is going to invest capital to sell obsolete stock to the ever increasing number rare users? 

many parts fit different cars from different manufacturers and many parts are quite ageless in fitting different cars.

Recently had a Recall on my 1994 Mazda, the ignition switch could be dangerously faulty, the same ignition switch fitted on many different and much more recent cars and over many Marques

Malc

5 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Are saying that Lexus dealers are selling cambelt kits on ebay, apart from the lexusonline site, I asked you before, so nowI'll ask again, please pass a link to these (plural) dealers.

I have no idea which, if any, Lexus Dealers are selling cambelt kits on-line nor indeed which businesses generally are selling cambelt kits for the Ls400 nor of those selling individually the items that you would need if you weren't to just buy a " kit "

Malc