Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18 minutes ago, Malc said:

I have no idea which, if any, Lexus Dealers are selling cambelt kits on-line nor indeed which businesses generally are selling cambelt kits for the Ls400 nor of those selling individually the items that you would need if you weren't to just buy a " kit "

Malc

Well just so everyone else is informed, the UK based dealer selling the kit is the only UK dealer on eBay selling a full 1995 or older kit, the next option would be to buy the full kit from a lexus outlet

4 hours ago, Malc said:

back to basics ....  wouldn't you want to know the make of the water pump ?

I understand there are several out there but Aisin is the one to have I understand

And if that's so then there's a reason ( which i don't know ) why the others might be inferior !

Malc

For those still following this thread & who might need an essential cambelt kit at some point in the future - according to the AISIN list - ASIN no longer make water pumps for any LS 400, heres a link to an eBay page for ASIN pumps, plenty water pumps but the ASIN link shows non for the LS400's of any year of their manufacture.

Malc, please look at the title of this post, do you have any help for me? thanks

eBay search

https://tinyurl.com/mcx5u7j

42 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I would always happily go for Blueprint parts, never had any problems with them and many members say the same. They do water pumps for all LS's.

Ive actually come to the conclusion that the way I write must be the problem, totally illegible the vast majority on here except 'sorcerer' who knew exactly what I needed and who followed through with an effective instructive post

A water pump is generally seen as a very wise move when replacing the cam belt as it saves possible, and expensive, repair bills in the future as the belt has to be removed to get to it.  As your post asks for cam belt parts help, the water pump is usually considered to be included, as it is in many cam belt "kits."  Therefore the water pump is mentioned to give you that helpful info.

• Like 1

I bought a Gates kit that included a water pump. You can get a light kit with the essentials or a bigger kit with more parts.

I reckon everything needs changing at 70k miles.

You can't not change the water pump as it might not nor is likely to last 140k or 180k miles...

If you're doing the work yourself it's a no brainer: high bang for buck.

• Like 1

Kudos to 'Sorcerer' whose' reading skills helped him give me a link to what I wanted, a kit suitable for a 1995 LS400, and which arrived app 10 mins ago, make:

Hearth+Buss with a Blueprint roller, (seems to be german).......ta Sorcerer, where would I have been without ya, because I am assumed:withstupid:

Cambelt kit for 1995 and older

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292018196924?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links