Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Climate Control - Any Good?

During my recent trip to Scotland it felt like the climate control didn't regulate the interior temperature too well. I found I had to keep altering the temperature to either warm or cool the interior. Most other cars I've had I've only ever had to alter the temperature by a max of 1/2 or 1 degree either way and only occasionally but I found I was constantly altering the temp on my NX between about 19 and 23 depending upon outside air temp and amount of sunlight. Anyone else find that they have to alter the temperature more on their NX than other cars they've had? I always stay on Auto with AC on. I think I remember reading somewhere that a Lexus hybrid doesn't always keep the AC compressor on even though the AC is switched on, in the interests of saving fuel, and wonder if this is part of the problem? I get very cold air out of the vents at low temp settings so I know the AC unit is working. It just seems like the inside temperature sensor is not working that great. Any ideas/feedback please?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I turned off the efficient ventilation and efficient aircon settings. Believe these restrict the amount of time the aircon compressor operates and the speed of the fan to increase fuel consumption. Interior of my car feels like a normal car with climate control now, seems to maintain the set temperature better. I'm guessing some of this but it certainly feels better

• 2 months later...
On 27/04/2017 at 7:27 PM, paulrnx said:

During my recent trip to Scotland it felt like the climate control didn't regulate the interior temperature too well. I found I had to keep altering the temperature to either warm or cool the interior. Most other cars I've had I've only ever had to alter the temperature by a max of 1/2 or 1 degree either way and only occasionally but I found I was constantly altering the temp on my NX between about 19 and 23 depending upon outside air temp and amount of sunlight. Anyone else find that they have to alter the temperature more on their NX than other cars they've had? I always stay on Auto with AC on. I think I remember reading somewhere that a Lexus hybrid doesn't always keep the AC compressor on even though the AC is switched on, in the interests of saving fuel, and wonder if this is part of the problem? I get very cold air out of the vents at low temp settings so I know the AC unit is working. It just seems like the inside temperature sensor is not working that great. Any ideas/feedback please?

I drove one yesterday - 200 miles.

Yes, I agree, constant changing to get things right.

6 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Which mode were you driving in?

Mostly in Normal.

For me I think it was the unperforated seats. They became sticky very quickly.

( It's a loan car ).

If I bought one, I'd go for the perforated seats ( with electric adjustment ).

No problems with the capacity of the climate control - when touring last year in 39 degrees in southern Spain the system coped admirably and held a constant temperature. At home don't use A/C unless it's over 24 degrees and/or humid, and prefer not to use the Auto mode when I do, as it calls for higher fan speeds than I would like.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:19 PM, Martin J said:

No problems with the capacity of the climate control - when touring last year in 39 degrees in southern Spain the system coped admirably and held a constant temperature. At home don't use A/C unless it's over 24 degrees and/or humid, and prefer not to use the Auto mode when I do, as it calls for higher fan speeds than I would like.

In your example I would think the aircon would be on all the time keeping the temperature down in the car. It's when outside temperatures are cooler, say in the range 12 to 20, that I find the car doesn't maintain a constant cabin temp. I've put this down to the car deciding that the compressor doesn't need to be run at all times in Auto even when the SC button is on. My car is much better now that I've switched Auto AC and Efficient Ventilation off. I think these settings stop the car from intelligently switching off the AC or running the fan at a lower speed. I want climate control to control the climate in my car as best as it can, I don't want climate control to save 0.5mpg or whatever it does save.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links