Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Converting KPH to MPH

So I'm trying to convert my digital speedo reading on my 2013 ISF from KPH to MPH. 

I've read that this can be done using the ODO stick as stated here --> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/616176-convert-mph-to-kmph.html

Tried it but isn't working, any ideas why or if i'm doing something wrong or if there's a different method?

^ Are you sure? because from what I know 09 ISF do not have a digital speedometer read out. 

Both MPH and KPH are physically shown on the speedo dials, whereas the new ISF cluster displays only display KPH phsycially on the side and they have an additional digital readout which should be able to switch between both but mine is currently on KPH.

There should be a way to display MPH and maybe it would be something that will have to be programmed by the dealer, I'm just surprised that some guys in the states can change theirs by following the steps in the link I sent. 

Page 148 and other pages relating to the speedometer on my manual don't have any options showing this kind of change being possible. 

Yours should look like this: 80894c00d6_640.jpg

Mine looks like this:8975225359_1c06e4e8f5_b.jpg

Hmm well the links on that page aren't available anymore. 

I'll try depressing the start button and the odometer as he stated but I believe his works like the link I sent, which is refusing to change for mine. 

Thanks for the help though. 

20 minutes ago, Defratos said:

Hmm well the links on that page aren't available anymore. 

I'll try depressing the start button and the odometer as he stated but I believe his works like the link I sent, which is refusing to change for mine. 

Thanks for the help though. 

i don't know if there would be an option for you on techstream.  But on is220d i was able to change mpg to  l /km.  For newer car like yours there might be more options available.

I think if  your display is illuminated then there is a chance to do it but , if its just lit with led's  then you would have to change the whole display . 

Anyway i will keep searching.

That's what I tried (in the link I sent) but it doesn't seem to work. 

I'm guessing they disabled this for middle east spec cars to stop people from playing around with it. 

I think it'll have to be a dealer program change or something :wallbash:

16 hours ago, Defratos said:

That's what I tried (in the link I sent) but it doesn't seem to work. 

I'm guessing they disabled this for middle east spec cars to stop people from playing around with it. 

I think it'll have to be a dealer program change or something :wallbash:

Make sure you did it the way it says . Sometimes you have to read 5 times before you understand what step you missed :D 

Otherwise i would buy 3 party techstream with cable from eBay or amazon . Dealers using the same sofware. If you do anything yourself on your car you will find it usefull.

I found it for 25£ in eBay. Realy usefull and easy to use.

Yup I did it exactly as stated, hold down the ODO button while displaying my car ODO (not trip A or trip B) but nothing happens. 

I've held it for 10, 20, 30, 40 secs intervals and nothing. 

I have Techstream and the cable and have connected the car up but can't find anywhere to change it from KPH to MPH. 

If you can guide me where you have found this on Techstream it'll be a great help, but so far can't find it anywhere. 

Everything else customizable on techstream shows up but nothing relating to changing from KPH to MPH.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Defratos said:

Yup I did it exactly as stated, hold down the ODO button while displaying my car ODO (not trip A or trip B) but nothing happens. 

I've held it for 10, 20, 30, 40 secs intervals and nothing. 

I have Techstream and the cable and have connected the car up but can't find anywhere to change it from KPH to MPH. 

If you can guide me where you have found this on Techstream it'll be a great help, but so far can't find it anywhere. 

Everything else customizable on techstream shows up but nothing relating to changing from KPH to MPH.

@Defratos Sent you a pm regarding lights.

🐀