Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NOT connected services

Car is only a month old and i still cannot connect to the internet etc.  I keep getting "ID=00" or "connection refused".Spent 20 =mins on the phone to Lexus support, no success.  The instructions on theLexus portal do not match my car.  Phone is Nexus 5X and i can connect it to the car via Bluetooth or WiFi.  Any suggestions?  

You have to be sure that you phone admits DUN protocol, and abilitate the BT tethering on it. I hope connected services work better than here , as I have not succeded yet to make them work with my GS  :wallbash:

I use a Nexus 6p and Connected services works well on my 2016 RC300h. I use Bluetooth and have enabled the hotspot function on the phone. It automatically connects with the car as I enter. My stored routes, created on the Lexus portal auto download.

On first setting this up I kept getting the ID=00 error, turned out to be my mistake as I kept entering my username incorrectly, omitting a punctuation mark... :whistling:

You must correctly identify your Navigation unit on the portal, entering it's ID number to register the unit on the portal.

• Like 1

Double, triple check your login credentials. are you able to login to the portal ok and create saved routes to send to the car? With the portal end sorted and working the next thing is in the car. There are a myriad of settings to make in numerous, apparently disjointed, menus. Do you have tethering enabled on your phone?

Turn on wifi hotspot on your mobile it worked on my previous IS300H. Search for a wifi hotspot in the menu.

On my GS which only has Bluetooth tethering I have a programme called BlueDun. (The GS uses a dial up networking connection!!)  Not many phones support it.

With BlueDUN installed it works well.  Google searches work and  can download the coordinates direct to the the Satnav.

I hope this helps.

Ed:yes:

• Like 1

Some phones once connected require an action to be completed first before Bluetooth DUN will work. It says this in the Lexus Phone compatibility list.

try making a call first, then see if it connects?

Im using an Iphone 7, personal hotspot on connected on Bluetooth, with the new premium Nav system and it works very well, no issues encountered.

I've had this issue in the past and Lexus were unable to fix the issue at their end. I just started from scratch and created a new account which fixed the issue, been ok for a year now.

I've also seen issues in the past by having the same account name (email address) or car details registered on both the Toyota and Lexus portals.

Just tried starting from scratch and the Lexus portal is having problems and I have to try again later so I can't even close my account. It doesn't look a good advert for Lexus!:wallbash:

Reading this thread brings back some frustration memories and even when I did get it work, the 'connected services' really was a bit lame. I don't bother connecting the Lexus these days. 

This is what I can access using our other car, no need for phone data access to be shared with car, it all just works, even my webmail access  :). 

33551627143_88a798fa7d_z_d.jpg

Syncs to my calendar so I can see up coming events the first time I get in the car every morning, and even do split screen to display two Apps at same time. 

34362129085_86b577a1e2_z_d.jpg 

I can even track the car when its been driven via my phone, can also lock/unlock, start/stop climate control/charging, put it into 'valet mode', turn lights on/off all from the phone, so just a tad more advanced than what the IS can do  :) 

33867252346_f68ff6a98a_z_d.jpg 

Lexus has ALOT of catching up to do on the infotainment front.

• Like 2

Forget the Lexus Portal & re-register in My Lexus & ensure you Register your M.Media on-LIne.

No spaces in the 16 character Device Code & an immediate successful registration that you then tether into the car.

My User Name was changed when I registered "as though the process was a new System."

Tel

We've tried my wife's phone and still no luck, we can connect to the car as a wi-fi hotspot, but cannot get any further than that.   I'm wondering if my BT Hub5 or my internet connection may have something to do with this.

So, use Bluetooth and your phone's GSM connection to rule out that possibility. ...

If you're connecting ok to the car, the problem seems to be with your portal connection from the car. So that would point toward the credentials you've entered into the set-up in the sat-nav. Have you cleared all your logon details saved in the sat-nav and re entered your portal ID (not your Portal log in) and your password? 

Hi I was just thinking with all this Bluetooth connection and Wi-Fi it's going to really hit your Wi-Fi allowance and is really going to take a hit on your phone tarif if you use the facility regular is that not the case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The amount of data used for the traffic/parking info is tiny, a few Kb's per update.  The other info could be more, but compared to streaming a video from youtube, not worth worrying about.

• Like 2

Had a bit of success today, we reset all the log-in in the car and we can at least get Google Earth now, it doesn't always connect to the portal, but Lexus are still working on that.  

• Like 1

My Connected Services now works fine with a man on the screen, that when clicked, gives you images of that location.

I found sending the saved Journey to the car was instant but did not realise the MM Memory had to be accessed to send the Journey to the Navigation System.

I use Bluetooth Hotspot but WiFi is fine if your car is close to your house.

I assume the Man will walk with me to the end-point, via my i-phone, but that is for the future.

Tel

Wallace - I had exactly the same issues as yourself. Knew I was doing everything correctlty, as advised, but the bloody thing just wouldn't work. Then, before I knew it and for no logical reason, it all just began working perfectly.

Keep trying.

On 05/05/2017 at 4:27 PM, Tel said:

My Connected Services now works fine with a man on the screen, that when clicked, gives you images of that location.

I found sending the saved Journey to the car was instant but did not realise the MM Memory had to be accessed to send the Journey to the Navigation System.

I use Bluetooth Hotspot but WiFi is fine if your car is close to your house.

I assume the Man will walk with me to the end-point, via my i-phone, but that is for the future.

Tel

Hi Tel, yes now I get the little man and Google earth picture.  I cannot connect to Online search. When I try to make a journey on the portal, all I get is where the journey starts, add a step and a huge map of my estate.  

I am using wi-fi Hotspot, as instructed by the dealer so I don't understand your comment about being close to the house.