Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NOT connected services

Wallace,

I ,too, add a step, then Name my Journey, Save said Journey .

Then click Saved Journeys & click the chosen named one which allows the car access to said Journey.

Once in My Memory, in My Destinations, I click the Start Flag & get said image.

Hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs !

Tel

No Tel, no eggs to suck here.  I've got it now.  Now all we need is for Lexus to get the rest of the online services working.

I could understand this thread better if it would have been 1997, but it is 2017...

Seems that our Japanese friends still do not realize that the infotainment system nowadays is just as or maybe even more, important thatn a beautifully crafted interior in the right color and with the best soft touch materials. Seems the market is leaving lexus behind on this front. We all know the german 3 are way ahead but just look at Kia/Hyunday or just take a look at the French these days, the new DS5, seen the system/screens on that thing?

It is such a shame that a truly fine car is let down by below par electronics

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

take a look at the French these days, the new DS5, seen the system/screens on that thing?

Yes I had a look at a DS5, loads of oddly placed buttons to the left & right and in the roof area,  laggy system overall and had to use the screen to control the aircon which was a pain.   I wouldn't trade a well made reliable car for one even if it did have the best in car electronics. DS is just a debadged Citroen and they don't make things very well.

I much prefer the system in my GS and the IS before that. 

The system in the 2017 5 series is excellent but has only just come out. Previous BMW idrive was nothing special and my colleagues one doesn't even have a satnav. 

Maybe the Lexus system isnt the best system but it isnt the worst by a long shot. Mine reads out emails & texts Plays music from my phone via Bluetooth seamlessly. Has google search for destinations. No complaint really.   I prefer the mouse controller to a wheel.

Ed:winkiss:

-05_dsx_xxxx.42167.jpgSorry Edwardo i was referring to the DS7 and not the DS5, mistake from my side.

My point is that the latest generation cars that are just on the market or will be in some months time seem to have a very different approach than Lexus with regard to infotainment systems. I recently drove a Citroen C3 which basically is a cheap runabout and i was impressed by the It in that car. apple carplay, cameras etc etc. and it worked fine without reading any manual, just fiddle about a bit and it just works. i am pleased to hear that you got your system working but i have stopped trying after several times as i find it incredibly user unfriendly. Just take a look at the latest Audi a4, volvo XC90, Tesla, BMW5 and Merc E and i hope this will make it a little clearer. ( it is not about the looks, is it nice or not, it is a bout the IT onboard.)   

• Like 1

I have had my car just over a week and i have registered my Premium navigation on the my Lexus portal successfully but now its telling me to upload my vehicle settings in order to be able to control them through the portal. To do this i must press the set up button in the navigation system and then select "Connectivity", then select  "Lexus Web Account" and then select "Send settings to my.lexus.eu"

However i have tried many times but i cannot for the life of me find "connectivity" in the set up menu. I have managed to connect my phone by Bluetooth and wifi hotspot without any problem but finding "connectivity" is beyond me :wallbash:. Also in "my vehicle" in the portal its not bringing up any service history, when i click the service history tab it just stays in the previouly selected tab, be it diary or vehicle features it just stays there. I love the car but this technology is beating me.

I'm not sure the function is available yet. My 2016 doesn't have the Connectivity option in the menus but my Premium Nav system is successfully connected with the Portal and everything else functions as expected.

Maybe only the 2017 models have this enabled? 

Thanks for your response, no wonder i can't find it. I'll have to have a play around and see if i can control the navigation through the portal. 

8 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Just take a look at the latest Audi a4, volvo XC90, Tesla, BMW5 and Merc E and i hope this will make it a little clearer. ( it is not about the looks, is it nice or not, it is a bout the IT onboard.)   

The system in my GS works pretty well & integrates perfectly with my mobile. No complaints. It is though a system which was made when the 4GS was launched in 2012.

Technology moves forward at a fast pace so after 4 years or less something better will come along.

No point comparing a 4 year old system with what has just come out in a brand new model of car.  Still got your laptop or mobile phone from 2012 have you? No me neither!!

The interior in the DS7 is hideous imho even if it works which in a Citroen it probably doesn't.

Ed:yes:

17 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Spot on Ed, the infotainment systems in the current Lexus line up do feel like a 2012 mobile phone.  

My favourite mobile from 2012 my Razr Maxx..........wish I still had it. Although my current S7 Edge is pretty good but not really a fair comparison 4 years later.:yes:

Oh those Nokias, the 3110, 6110, communicator and so on, endless Battery life and totally indestructable, the best of their days!  But unfortunately overtaken by the competition that went for smartphones and internetconnectivity. I hope i am wrong but there could be a parallel here with Lexus and the competition. If they dont invest heavily in totally new IT platforms it could be an uphill battle. Most new cars end up with company car drivers and the digital cockpits of the competition are much sexier and will heavily influence the choice of a new car. Really do hope it will change soon.  

The entertainment system in the 2018 LS looks pretty good but Lexus have not embraced apple car play or Android auto.

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Most new cars end up with company car drivers and the digital cockpits of the competition are much sexier and will heavily influence the choice of a new car

Would have to add it as extra cost option though which in my experience are never allowed!!   The digital dash on the A4 is extra cost as is hill hold & a reverse camera.    I suspect most will be bought with the standard setup.

In the 2017/8 Premium Nav the Portal Connection is available in Set-up & also on your Home Device & I advise that you register your Nav with Europe on-Line.

My daughter & her Fella have key jobs & have bought new Seat & Range Rover cars respectively

Both tend to ignore, to a degree their Infotainment System ,Voice Command in the Seat is not reliable & Iphone Nav is much easier to default to.

Her Fella  streams his music in the Range Rover & prefers the Nav in his wife's car

One of his Contacts has a Tesla whose keeper does not rate its Nav, describing it as awkward & not accurate.

Surprising what was revealed during my youngest Grandson's Bash & ,on a footnote, the Tesla leather looked cheap.

Tel

I now have my Premiun nav connected services working and i am able to use street view but not Panoramio, and i can send routes from my portal journey planner to the car however i cannot use the online search feature in the car and when i go to connected services and try to select search engine there are no options there. Also i am not getting any service history showing on the portal and i have full Lexus service history, does everybody else's service history come up on the portal. 

I think the Portal is experiencing issues as my service history has vanished. Some tabs are not opening that worked before.

Website an IT doesn't seem to be a Lexus forte ....

2 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

I now have my Premiun nav connected services working and i am able to use street view but not Panoramio, and i can send routes from my portal journey planner to the car however i cannot use the online search feature in the car and when i go to connected services and try to select search engine there are no options there. Also i am not getting any service history showing on the portal and i have full Lexus service history, does everybody else's service history come up on the portal. 

That's where I am exactly, street view works and I can send a route to the car but non of the other promised features.  Our dealer said the portal is undergoing upgrades so it's just a matter of sit and wait.

4 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Website an IT doesn't seem to be a Lexus forte ....

Ain't that the truth !!!

I have just managed to validate my vehicle after trying all different permutations I could think of. They obviously do not test these things properly, i.e. a country based test team\users. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wallace said:

Our dealer said the portal is undergoing upgrades so it's just a matter of sit and wait.

Possibly true as two weeks ago I could sign in and see service history etc but not working today.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Martin F said:

Just fixed that for you :biggrin:

Back to the drawing board Martin.  No "online search" or "select browser" in Shropshire anyway.

Can't find the routes I sent from the computer, someone point me in the right direction (no pun intended).

2 hours ago, Wallace said:

Can't find the routes I sent from the computer, someone point me in the right direction (no pun intended).

After sending them from the Portal one must download them into the car's Nav system.

From in the car, with the main Nav menu showing, select "My Memory" then "Memory Points" then "External Points" screen should change to the connect to Portal, once connection is established the download will commence.

One can set the system to automatically download routes using the Connected Services menu. Obviously one has to have established Bluetooth or WiFi tethering on the phone.

I think its more Lexus UK & Europe that seem to be having multiple issues with connectivity and Ive been told that the software is country specific and is added after the car is taken off the boat in the country its supposed to spend the rest of its life.

The Lexus Enform system in the US has much more functionality and should be made available elsewhere IMO

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The Lexus Enform system in the US has much more functionality and should be made available elsewhere IMO

Totally agree ...

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2017 at 1:21 PM, Martin F said:

I have just managed to validate my vehicle after trying all different permutations I could think of

Which combination of assorted codes did the job?