AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Butch

Centre handbreak cable

Butch    0

Hi 

I have recently had my centre handbreak cable snapped just after the lever. I have tried three different garages and none seem to be able to get the part I need. Has anyone else had this issue or know where to source the part from. 

Lexus IS200. 2000 model 2ltr. 

Jaystar77    10

Hi buddy,

I'm a bit new to Lexus models but you should be able to give the part number to a Toyota/Lexus dealership parts man and they can advise on price and availability.

Does this look like the right diagram: http://japan-parts.eu/lexus/eu/2000/is200-300/gxe10r-aefvkw/3_242210_004_/powertrain-chassis/4601_parking-brake-cable

If so the part ID number is 46410 and the actual part number should be 46410-53010. 

I'm pretty sure the likes of Blueprint do non-genuine versions if you are stuck.  A local motorfactor should be able to advise on that front.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Butch    0

Looks correct. Thank you I will try this

steve2006    1,053

Around £35.00 from Lexus dealers if not available from aftermarket sources.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mouldikh
      Hi all, had my gold 2004 sc430 now for 3 months. What a great car. I love the fact that it is rarely seen on the roads and is a real head turner especially with the top down. I have suffered from excessive  battery drain which I see is a common problem but will investigate and see if improvements can be made. After a weeks holiday in Wales I returned home to find that one of the front reflectors had fallen off. I have searched eBay, etc to find a replacement but have failed. Can anyone help me out?
      Thanks, Keith

• By andrewtayloruk
      Hi all.
      I've been away from the owners club for a little while, after selling my beloved is200 against my will, I couldn't face the pain and jealousy :)
      I've just pulled the trigger on a low mileage 2007 RX400h, I've got my eyes on a dog guard (part number PZ483K212000) but I'm struggling to find the other accessory which splits the bootspace down the middle. I'd like to keep the dog seperate from the rest of the luggage (mainly the weekly food shop!)
      I can find the equivalent part for a 450 and the NX. I'm hoping such an accessory was available for the 400 also. Can anyone confirm such a thing exists, photos or a part number would be even better.
      It won't be an is200 but if I can keep my dog safe and travel from place to place in reliable Japanese luxury it's the next best thing :)
      Many thanks
      Andrew 

• By Johnny01966
      Just like to share to members excellent service and communication from lexusdirectspares on e bay very friendly knowledgeable highly recommended.
    • By Meds
      Hi Folks,

Im an Altezza owner in Pakistan, and a first time sports car owner. After a lot of hardship, I finally got my hands on a trip-tronic model, but in very bad condition.

So here I am travelling to the UK in the last week of April 2015, for a fortnight, and looking for some help on how and where I can find some parts for this gem of a car. Some of the stuff I'm looking for is below, and replaceable with IS200/300:

Rear Left Tail Light (Stock) - Compatible with IS200/300
      Cover of ECU box - Compatible with IS200/300
      Front Left inner tyre shield - Compatible with IS200/300
      Bonnet rod (to keep it open) - Compatible with IS200/300
      Door shims (black ones) - Compatible with IS200/300
      Solution to the Limp mode problem coming from TPS Sensor Error. (Might even need to take back a complete throttle body).
      Windshield spray system. - Compatible with IS200/300
      Stock Windshield Wipers. - Compatible with IS200/300
      Window sills (rain protectors). - Compatible with IS200/300

Don't know when I would get to travel again, so have to make this trip count. Help me out here please folks, am a lone ranger in need of help.

Cheers

• By Meds
      Hi Folks,
      Im an Altezza owner in Pakistan, and a first time sports car owner. After a lot of hardship, I finally got my hands on a trip-tronic model, but in very bad condition.
      So here I am travelling to the UK in the last week of April 2015, for a fortnight, and looking for some help on how and where I can find some parts for this gem of a car. Some of the stuff I'm looking for:
      Rear Left Tail Light (Stock) Cover of ECU box Front Left inner tyre shield Bonnet rod (to keep it open) Door shims (black ones) Solution to the Limp mode problem coming from TPS Sensor Error. (Might even need to take back a complete throttle body). Windshield spray system. Stock Windshield Wipers. Window sills (rain protectors). Don't know when I would get to travel again, so have to make this trip count. Help me out here please folks, am a lone ranger in need of help.
      Cheers