Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 -The car that keeps on giving

Travelled from Warrington to Llandudno today and averaged 43.8 mpg. A trouble free run,  mostly travelling at 70 mph on the A55. A proper cruising machine, shame the majority of my daily driving is urban.

IMG_1275.JPG

I very often see low to mid 40's on a good run with a light right foot of course. Could never get this with the previous is220d. High 30's at best. Even tootling around town I get around 30mpg. The 250 is surprisingly economical with gentle driving.

However the figures change dramatically when floored and that V6 roars up 😆

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I very often see low to mid 40's on a good run with a light right foot of course. Could never get this with the previous is220d. High 30's at best. Even tootling around town I get around 30mpg. The 250 is surprisingly economical with gentle driving.

However the figures change dramatically when floored and that V6 roars up 😆

My average over the last 10 months is 29.4 mpg and that's mostly conservative driving. My girlfriend has dragged that figure down though with her big, fat lead foot! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

My last couple of fill-ups I've been struggling to break the 30MPG barrier for tank average.

A work colleague struggles to get above 26 mpg in his 2006 (mines 2009) so we should count ourselves lucky.

29 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

My last couple of fill-ups I've been struggling to break the 30MPG barrier for tank average.

Same here John, I'm lucky to see 30mpg but then again I don't exactly drive like a granny on a Sunday morning drive to church. 

The is250 has power and I like to use it but I'm sure if I changed my driving style I could easily break the 40mpg barrier. 

Myself I hardly see 30+ on day to day drives in London, my long-term average now stands ~ 29.7, but that is because I did few k miles of motorway back in January, more realistic would be something like 27.5. One thing is as Shaun mentioned - I am not exactly driving carefully, but in another hand my circumstances do not allow to get good MPG - driving style makes no difference when sitting in 4 miles long traffic jam every day.

What we can make out of it - IS250 is great Motorway cruiser and very efficient as well and the rest of the time is wonderful to drive car, which makes even wasting of fuel to feel good (something I am missing in new hybrids).

I'm currently seeing 31.8 out of a tank with a daily commute of 18 miles each way, which is a mix of motorway and urban roads.  I know I can get much better; but my big, fat lead foot can't resist the temptation :whistling1:

I know what you mean wisty. When your driving a car with a 2.5 litre V6 engine and over 200 galloping horses it's very hard to resist the temptation.

Well worth the extra couple of quid or so in fuel every week 👍

• Like 1

On a trip from Dublin to Belfast yesterday [100kmh cruise control on], its amazing what this car can do on the open road 5.9 l/100km equates to about 48MPG which from a 2.5 v6 is very impressive. however it also has a very impressive way of easily achieving 20MPG or so when driving around town :)

IMG_4016.JPG

The is250 is a fantastic motorway cruiser and returns impressive mpg. Not good around town in stop/traffic but you have to expect this from a heavy car with a 2.5 litre petrol engine. 

• Like 1

I've done 22,939 miles in my IS250 in just under 3 years, and have averaged 28.64mpg over that time. Mind you, the average has been dragged down somewhat since my wife has decided to use it as her daily driver!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links