Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why buy and ISF when you can have....

Good spot, but I do not agree with seller either - for 15k I would rather have IS-F.. with all those (not) ungainly looking bulges,(making 100ag and 200Nm more) proper NA V8, (fake) quad pipes, side vents, original front bumper and tail lighs.... and ... and the list goes on. Funny enough IS-F would probably be cheaper to insure and maintain, considering you will need to declare this car as import + modified (possibly the worst thing you can tell to your insurer).

I am not trying to say "Toms" IS350k (somewhat short of IS45) is not a good car, but by far not as good as IS-F. If that would be £5000 I would say - bargain of the century, but for £15k one can buy IS-F in good shape - arguably more valuable, reliable, original looking and faster car.

Maybe it is a sleeper, but current owner is (not) a little bit dreamer.

I'm with Linas on this. An interesting car but unless you're heavily into modified (and this one isn't radical enough, except for the price!) the IS-F is by far the more desirable.

• Like 1

You right @NemesisUK- the price is the only thing which makes it comparable with IS-F ... in a bad way. I mean that one above truly has no chances. If it would be like let's say £10-11k... It would be possible to argue it is kind of "filling the gap" between IS250 and IS-F, but now you can buy IS-F literally cheaper:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703073012056?sort=sponsored&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=rm70fj&advertising-location=at_cars&model=IS F&radius=1500&page=1

Not only it is cheaper, but 3 years newer as well + much better equipped with much more toys and arguably more desirable colour (sorry rat)... 

I thought it was @Mark G 's car at first after reading the notes about the satnav...... 

"The sat nav system is not usable here in the UK. I have no reason to think that the system does not actually work (in Japan) - however, when in the UK, the system seems to think that the car is out in the ocean somewhere"...

Interesting car but can't see Joe bloggs paying 15k, agree 8-10k is more realistic. Good luck to the seller, good write up to be fair. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

The sat nav system is not usable here in the UK. I have no reason to think that the system does not actually work (in Japan) - however, when in the UK, the system seems to think that the car is out in the ocean somewhere

One extra reason to pay £15k.... so that you can fee like in the boat!

Interesting alternative to an ISF but as others have said I don't think it quite fits in the gap.  It's too close to ISF money, why wouldn't you just get the one as Lexus intended and the performance isn't significantly better than the ISF either.

Mods don't necessarily add value to a car.  You're limiting your buying market and with it being an import you might find some dealers won't want to touch it which might also put people off.

One positive I would say is that at least after bolting on a supercharger they've also bothered with upgrading the brakes and suspension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

When I decided to buy the ISF it was because I wanted a N/a V8 not a Supercharged 3.5 V6, they just don't compare.

Agreed, I was specifically in the market for a V8.  If I was after a V6 then I would of been looking at different cars

On 4/30/2017 at 9:57 AM, Chuckie478 said:

and the performance isn't significantly better than the ISF either.

To be specific, performance is actually worse - IS-F makes 517Hp and 503Nm out of NA, ant that Toms IS350k only makes 358Hp and 360Nm with Compressor. IS-F as well has much more sophisticated and higher rates suspension and brakes. For me personally, IS-F looks much better as well, as I can hardly tell the difference between casual modified IS220d and this IS350 (I have no idea what owner means by "Tom's racing body kit sets car apart"... no it doesn't - at very best it looks like IS250 SR), whereas IS-F standouts straight away (in a good way). Finally, when talking IS-F for £15k, we are talking about fully loaded 2008-09 car and this IS350 is 2005, partially loaded and with non-functioning Sat-Nav.

On the other side price was chopped by £3k and now is up for more reasonable £12k. I believe £12k would be exactly what car is worth without caveats, like being an import, not working sat-nav etc. Taking those away we get to the figure of £8-9k.

To be honest I wish somebody from LOC would buy it for some reasonable price as it would be interesting to learn more about the car.

2 hours ago, emjay82 said:

😁 Same here, heading to the dealership now, will demand my extra 100bhp.  

I wondered why I couldn't keep up with  @Mark G on the blat!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

The car has been reduced to £10k which is a bit nearer the mark......

It states until "Saturday only" - at this rate we going to be at 6k by Sunday - which would make it very tempting even for me :whistling:

New pictures as well, though leather on driver's seat is in need of major clean... maybe we should invite the owner on LOC and teach him a lesson how to care for soft Lexus skin... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Topic Invasion 

Something for the LS owners from the same company.

@steve2006 Very nice if you've got more like that feel free to invade us when you like 😏

Big Rat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links