Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wind deflectors

Finally purchased and fitted some genuine wind deflectors yesterday.Just the f sport/Advance front under run to go and i'm done.

here's a pic.

DSC01421.JPG

Not usually a fan of these, but I have to admit that they look fine and blend in well. How much? Were they difficult to install? Do they really make a difference?

Hi Dan,they are very expensive i managed to get them for £265 in the end from Jo at Lexus Birmingham but they do retail at a lot more elsewhere.They are a quality item and not to bad to fit once you have sorted the first one the rest go on quickly.i have always had them on most cars i've had but was reluctant because of the cost but its done now and i'm pleased with them.As we know with an expensive car comes expensive accessories.

I dont really like wind deflectors but thats just me! 

Are they supposed to stop wind noise? or just stop wind getting in your face when the windows are open?

they stop your fag and ash blowing back in the car when you flick it out the window.

they also stop that annoying spit of rain from getting in if you have the window cracked slightly in a downpour.

personally I think the old fashioned opening quarter light is a better solution to ventilation and tab disposal but they are no longer a 'thing'.

Thinking of fitting some to mine - £40 off 'tbay

Eamonn, can I ask a question re your wheels, are these from the newer model, the reason I ask is someone is selling a set with new Dunlops tyres at a good price, I have a 2010 model, would they fit? Extra rubber would also improve the ride?

13 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

Eamonn, can I ask a question re your wheels, are these from the newer model, the reason I ask is someone is selling a set with new Dunlops tyres at a good price, I have a 2010 model, would they fit? Extra rubber would also improve the ride?

They're the standard fit earlier Advance wheels with 19" with 235/55 r19 tyres on them.

They'll fit any 450h

• Like 1