Time ago I began to feel my car vibrating, especially at low revs. Driving another car with same engine confirmed this, older IS 300h was much quieter. I've noticed my car's engine start up is much harder than before, it feels like there is some resistance. Usually i drive only in urban areas, speeds below 100km/h. Today i drove on a highway and  it was really problem to keep 130 km/h. My car for sure has lost a lot of power, or there really is some part making serious resistance in the drivetrain.

hi Rado , I had the same feeling that something was holding me back . I did a few checks and came up with the hold button was active even when I had set off,[I thought it self released] I pressed the button again and the car speeded up ?. I tried it again same thing. don't no if yours will react the same but worth a try  

It looks like hold button is not in game, as I don't use it. I've checked it but it is not source of problems. I'm thinking about something like Dual mass flywheel, but I'm not sure if this car has such part.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Keynun
      Hi guys

Just started my LS400 MK4 1999 and it now makes an extremely loud whining noise. This occurred quite randomly as it was not making noise the other day.

Any ideas what it could be?
      The noise gets worse as the RPMs increase and the pitch gets higher. Power steering seems to be working fine and have not had battery issues as of yet.

• By Simonkent
      I have a noise which is difficult to identify , believe it might be to do with power steering as seems more prevalent when turning but can only hear when roof is down and then difficult to separate from road noise.
      There is a posting on you tube with very similar sound but no suggestion as to how it was cured , old post and for USA 
      Anyone any idea , Lexus dealer could not hear it but only tested with roof up 
    • By paulyuk6
      Hi folks, this is my first post here as I have only owned my CT200H Advance for 3 days!
      I'm running a 2014 model and notice that when I drive it on motorways, a lot of noise and rumble is being picked up from the road surface. When it drives over a bridge or recently repaired area, the sound changes or fades but never goes away. It is loud enough that I have to boost the radio volume to get a reasonable listening level. The noise starts to become noticeable at speeds over about 50mph and is pretty annoying. It certainly not the smooth elegant silence I would have expected from a luxury brand such as Lexus!
      I checked with my supplier (the excellent Lexus Cambridge) who advised me that the low profile tyres may pick up more noise than standard tyres.
      So I wondering, if I were to replace the tyres with standard profile ones, would this reduce the road noise? and can I safely do this without causing any other problems?
      Also, does anyone offer soundproofing kits that would help reduce noise pickup from the road?
      Another thing - has anyone else noticed - that the faster you drive, the less 'stereo' seems to come out of the radio/CD player. When its parked you can clearly hear sounds out of the left and right speakers. But when it is driving along, the sound appears to mainly come from the centre speaker and any left/right stereo signal seems to disappear. Most annoying, and again not what I would expect from a luxury vehicle (it is the standard system, not the enhanced Premier system).
      All the best from Cambridge, UK

Paul

• By arkviz
      Just listen. If don't hear anything, put volume to max.