Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks

The black rubber window surrounds on my IS250 are ratty with age and I want to restore them. Can anybody recommend a suitable paint etc that can be brush applied?

Also my wiper arms are in need of some restoration. Again anyone have any advice please.

Please bear in mind that I have the DIY skills and technical knowledge of a hamster.

This should do the trick :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-Gummi-Pflege-Stick-Rubber-Door-Seal-Restorer-75ml-/261978299882?hash=item3cff1f9dea:g:aJwAAOSwjVVVsOSf

I used it myself on the roof seals on an IS250C convertible, as well as all the door seals, kept everything supple.

• Like 1

@Balthane

I refurbished my wiper arms last year. See before and after pics below. I was very lazy and just used some spray paints I had lying around. It turned out glossy and looks like a just wrapped them in black insulation tape! However, bar the finish, it was a good job and has lasted well since. 

I removed each of the wiper arms. Just pop the cap on the end and there is one nut holding them on. 

Tape off the unaffected areas. 

I used a fine sand paper on the corroded area (something like 300grit) - it seems to be aluminum so easily sanded back. I cleaned down with spirits and sprayed with primer, a black coat then lacquer. I gave it two coats of black and two of lacquer. Probably overkill! Job takes about an hour if you exclude waiting between coats, or three hours if you include waiting time. I was doing the brakes at the same time so wasn't waiting around too much!

Not the clearest guide ever, but it is really an easy job and I can't see anything that could go wrong even if you have the technical knowledge of a hamster!

5908b0375ce10_WiperArmsBefore.thumb.png.a52eec050ee99d258cd225f61276ce09.png5908b0480b64a_WiperArmsAfter.thumb.jpg.86bfd04ec6d2942a5e642a4fae9b22ac.jpg

• Like 1

On 2017-5-1 at 11:13 AM, Balthane said:

Thanks very much. Is this stuff suitable for external use? It's actually the exterior window surrounds that are a bit ropey.

It's good for treating rubber......inside and out :smile:

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, Balthane said:

Thanks to all for help.

Look through the "Owner Recommendations" for the Wurth rubber restorer.

I bought this for mine as the boot would stick to the rubber seal - I needed to use it a few times but its got rid of the sticking now. \have used it on my wifes convertible seals and can vouch for it as it seems to work well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links