Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need a replacement daily drive

52 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Having you a leaning towards something in particular, bet the Autotrader site was hit in the household last nite, I can see see you now g&t in hand swipe through the pages.

While on the table next to you the empty coffee cup sat next to the cake crumbs 😂

🐀

I find the chase more exciting than the ownership. My Achilles heel, is that I tend to want a particular model rather than view the field, this does limit choice.

I sometimes, for fun, put in a price on Autotrader and see what pops up for the money. Trouble is you usually get loads of Citroens and Renaults, I wonder why?

• Like 4

Think I'd be tempted by one of these IS300 estates.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704104265610?model=IS 300&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&postcode=ph106jy&make=LEXUS&page=1

Fairly rare beast with the silky smooth 2JZGE straight six.

I've also been looking at Rav4 s to replace my daily runner but unless the yaris explodes I'm waiting till next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emjay82 said:

Maybe too close to what you've got but still a great car, you could get a different colour 😉 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704254770767?atmobcid=soc3

I did consider an IS, but then how special would it feel getting in the F at the weekend?

13 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I did consider an IS, but then how special would it feel getting in the F at the weekend?

Get this and it would feel special!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704304947905?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&price-from=1000&postcode=ph106jy&page=2

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Oh for crying out loud to Big to small to fast.......... just go and get that S80 V8 there's a few about, you know you want to 🤣

🐀

Hmmmmm - pondering. 

Trouble is that it goes against nearly everything I posted for my requirements.

AND,what if I liked it more than the F!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yes fair point, if I had to have a second car it would have to be a contrast to the ISF to keep it feeling fresh, however, personally, I couldn't bring myself to drive another car and leave the F on the drive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Flytvr said:

Hmmmmm - pondering. 

Trouble is that it goes against nearly everything I posted for my requirements.

AND,what if I liked it more than the F!!!!!!!!

@Flytvr That could happen the engine looks a darn site better than hours and the same Yamaha people spread there fairy dust on it to make it @Flytvr so to speak 😂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_B8444S_engine

🐀

• Like 1

Just now, emjay82 said:

Yes fair point, if I had to have a second car it would have to be a contrast to the ISF to keep it feeling fresh, however, personally, I couldn't bring myself to drive another car and leave the F on the drive. 

It is an option I guess for me to make the F my only car......... but I'd be so paranoid about scratches, scrapes, dinks etc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

It is an option I guess for me to make the F my only car......... but I'd be so paranoid about scratches, scrapes, dinks etc

I spend alot of time looking after my car but don't think its special enough to be too worried about driving it places. I also love driving the thing, so even if it's down to the shops, the F is coming. You could also take precautions in certain situations.... 

Screenshot_20170501-104051.thumb.png.9bf0cfb4882cb62425281d3b3630a3e6.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

How about this -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703163355402?make=TOYOTA&model=AVENSIS 

I'd have to be careful in the morning or I'd end up taking the wrong car.......

I don't know anything about them is it the same mill as the iS oil burner ?

🐀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

More I look at these, the more I realise I don't like Japanese cars :whistling1:

Many have had a fling with Japanese 🏯 and regretted it. Nothing wrong to admit it @Flytvr 😉. I generally prefer the aesthetics of German cars, Lexus have done a much better job than most Japanese manufacturers.

• Like 2