Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300h lowering springs

Ace8800

Hi all, can someone direct me to some lowering springs for my GS300, want a 30mm drop all round, then based on how that looks with my f sport alloys.. i will make a decision of i should get some after market alloys.

Also i would love to hear from any 4g owners if they had theirs lowered.

My GS300h has adaptive suspensions, so it's probable not possible lowering, but I don't feel the need indeed: if I want a firmer ride, it's sufficient SPORT+ mode, and 19" tyres. Besides, it already happens to touch with front bumpers driving down ramps.

So is it more difficult to lower the gs300h.. ive seen some us forums where people have lowered their GS350's. So i thought id would be simple to lowere the 300h as both cars should have sport+ settings.

Or am i completely wrong?

As I understand it the adaptive part is just how stiff the dampers are, switching to Sport+ just changes the valve setting in the damper. The ride height doesn't change. 

Check out the tuning firms in the States and Japan, there are a number that do lowering springs. Just make sure they specifically state for the hybrid because of the extra weight.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

As I understand it the adaptive part is just how stiff the dampers are, switching to Sport+ just changes the valve setting in the damper. The ride height doesn't change. 

Check out the tuning firms in the States and Japan, there are a number that do lowering springs. Just make sure they specifically state for the hybrid because of the extra weight.

Ah yes.. i'll be sure to check if they are for hybrids.. i dont think hybrid model is available in US, but maybe in Japan.

Only concern would be wrapping the front end around every speed bump going. You have to be fairly careful with the front anyway over bumps and any sort of initial incline is going to be problematic

After some long winded research ive decided to go against lowering the car. Far too many negatives then positives, so im going to make a few subtle changes to other areas of the car.

Ordered a Brayson lip spoiler from US, got some wheel arch lips (like c63s have). Looking for a GS350 diffuser (i like the chrome tips). All will be wrapped in some 4/5D carbon wrap.

Oh and after some further research finding some decent alloys that actually fit (5 × 114.3 are a pain to find in a classy wheel). I boiled it down to some AXE EX18 in Grey. 

Just waiting on my lip spoiler and ordering the wheels.. i will get some pics up in a months time when i put it all together.

• Like 2

Yeah, the originals are 8x19 and 9x19 so if i get 8.5 front and 9.5 rear i will be able to use my current 235 40 and 265 35.

Anything bigger i will need new tyres.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...