Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I raised this with a Lexus dealer when my car went in for a service this week. I was told that when the sales staff went on a "meet the new LC" day with Lexus, they were given a presentation on the Lexus model roadmap. Aside from the new LS, and CT, they are releasing a Lexus version of the Toyota CH-R and a new GS was on the plan for 2019

• Like 1

On 2017-6-1 at 10:04 AM, Jamesf1 said:

I raised this with a Lexus dealer when my car went in for a service this week. I was told that when the sales staff went on a "meet the new LC" day with Lexus, they were given a presentation on the Lexus model roadmap. Aside from the new LS, and CT, they are releasing a Lexus version of the Toyota CH-R and a new GS was on the plan for 2019

Yes the UX and CT I think are planned for the UK but the question is whether the new GS is actually a GS in the original sense or whether its an ES rebadged as a GS for the UK

I'm at the states right now and noticed ES on the car park so have taken a quick look.

From outside it looks quite right but inside is way cheaper - very American style. I've also noticed that Lexus got also models bigger than RX - namely GX and LX. In general there is so many Lexuses here on the road. You are passing one every minute :)

noticed the same when i was in Boston and new York as well seems the amrecans are not too hang-on on badge like in Europe where anything other than German is not credible..

the ES is quite a large car lots would confuse it with the GS. I can undertand why Lexus is making the decision to discontinue the GS. ES is large enough

ES1.jpg

ES2.jpg

ES3.jpg

ES4.jpg

Nicely crafted aswell

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To me the big advantage of a big rwd car is the great lock and turning circle compared to fwd. Being in a loan Astra auto for a month made me realise how much easier a rwd is to park in a supermarket car park and to parallel park. 

2 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

To me the big advantage of a big rwd car is the great lock and turning circle compared to fwd. Being in a loan Astra auto for a month made me realise how much easier a rwd is to park in a supermarket car park and to parallel park. 

I dont think thats necessarily true.

My RX is technically FWD and has a pretty tight turning circle. I've been in plenty of other FWDs with a superb turning circle

On 5/2/2017 at 1:05 PM, rayaans said:

Or just making an ES into a GS?!

That sounds like it, rebadging GS as ES. Kind of logical streamlining of line-up... Considering they making it RWD it is more like canceling ES. I would even speculate that they might badge the same car as ES in US "aka cancel GS", and keep GS badge in EU.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links