Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving the fold....

But not going so far.....:cool:

With the prices of the RCF's dropping I decided to take the plunge, particularly when I realised how low my annual mileage is nowadays, that the petrol consumption is not a big factor to me. 

I picked up this fully specced (Sunroof, ML, TVD, ACC & PCS) example in blue on Saturday. 

RC-F%20Advert%20Pic1a.jpg

RC-F%20Advert%20Pic3a.jpg

RC-F%20Advert%20Pic5.jpg

RC-F%20Advert%20Pic8.jpg

I have been trying to clean it properly since the weekend but the weather has defeated me :(  So have used the original advert pics above. 

I have no idea how long i will keep it (owning 3 sports cars is a little OTT in some eyes) but am definitely enjoying it so far. 

I want to thank Raj at Lexus Derby for his sales approach and attending to the issues that i raised. It's my first experience of this dealership and I was impressed how they went about the sale compared to my local dealership, who also had a car I was interested in. 

So I will still be around on the forum, but maybe not so much in the RC sub-forum as that seems a little quiet :laugh:

• Like 10

@Martin F Great choice matey she looks lovely, they are a veritable bargain now, if you fancy giving her a run out into the Cotswolds on the 21st May to AV8 at the Old RAF Kemble you'd be most welcome there is an IsF mini meet there.

We promise not to dribble to much cake and coffee on her in uncontrollable envy 😁

Big Rat

Congrats Martin, wonderful machine!

Prices falling, i know i do follow the UK pricing of ISF and RCF but it might be better for me to stop as bloodpressure keeps rising. 

As my name gives away i live in Holland and we have pretty spectacular car taxes overhere. All is related to C02 figures and they are so draconic that the majority of cars on Dutch roads are now downsized turbocharged sewingmachines or hybrids. We seem to have the cleanest fleet in Europe though..

Here we go, a new RCHybrid costs 47k euro ( 56 k sterling) and your pretty 8 cylinder a whopping 137k Euro (164.000). second hand starts at 122000 Euro but needless to say the choice is extremely limited.

ISFś start at 35k ( 42k sterling) but also here limited choice. and when importing you first have to go past the tax man.

I live in the wrong country.

Happy motoring Martin, just a beautiful car.

Thanks all, I'm certainly very happy with her. 

Unfortunately can't make it to the Cotswolds on 21st as I have a family commitment that day. 

@dutchie01 I was aware of the tax breaks for the low CO2 cars in the Netherlands, hence the Tesla's at Schiphol, but not that the high CO2 cars were taxed quite so much at point of sale. :(  Is it an option to buy in another country and then import ?

Very nice indeed Martin, the colour is stunning.

Hope it gives you great service and many miles of enjoyment.

Do post some more pics once the weather has allowed a bit of pampering.

Martin, yes you can buy for instance from germany and import, but to get the car registered you need to go to the tax office first where it will be taxed. This will be cheaper in the end but nowhere near the UK prices. 

good choice of car and colour combination :-)

hopefully test driving the LC in a week or so, it will be interesting to see how different they are.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:33 AM, wendle said:

hopefully test driving the LC in a week or so, it will be interesting to see how different they are.

Let us know how you get on. I may consider one in the future if they have similar depreciation to the RCF