Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Coventry

Very pleasant dealing with these guys again. Bought my car from them a year ago and it's just come back from it's annual service. 

£214 for service and MOT. Had a CT200h courtesy car (£2500 excess or pay £15 to reduce it to nothing, wonder how many don't pay the £15).

No issues with the car at all apart from the front tyres will need changing sometime later in the year. Was impressed with the CT, very nice drive and handles well too. 

• Like 2

Was this for a minor service Tom? Need to get my major booked in with them. I was expecting a call back a few weeks ago I need to chase up.

Car is 6 years old, so technically due it's 60K service. As it's only done 21,000 miles, I don't really want to pay extra to have the plugs, etc, changed. What are peoples views on this?

21 hours ago, ronaldo said:

Was expecting to see a few comments along the lines of:

Colour: 100%

21 minutes ago, Tom24 said:

Very pleasant dealing with these guys again. Bought my car from them a year ago and it's just come back from it's annual service. 

£214 for service and MOT. Had a CT200h courtesy car (£2500 excess or pay £15 to reduce it to nothing, wonder how many don't pay the £15).

No issues with the car at all apart from the front tyres will need changing sometime later in the year. Was impressed with the CT, very nice drive and handles well too. 

Glad to hear a positive experience, I think I must have the runt of the litter near me 😁. I enjoyed the CT when I had it as a hire car, quite good fun. 

30 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Was this for a minor service Tom? Need to get my major booked in with them. I was expecting a call back a few weeks ago I need to chase up.

Car is 6 years old, so technically due it's 60K service. As it's only done 21,000 miles, I don't really want to pay extra to have the plugs, etc, changed. What are peoples views on this?

Think the 60k one is around £750 but yeah I wouldn't think you would need the plugs doing at that mileage. 

Other majors are around the £400 Mark I believe. I signed up for gold membership on here and got 15% off the service price so it's worth doing, they didn't actually ask for evidence I was a member though. 

20 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Glad to hear a positive experience, I think I must have the runt of the litter near me 😁. I enjoyed the CT when I had it as a hire car, quite good fun. 

Yeah I've only got good words to say about them, renewed the warranty for another 2 years too. 

Interesting about the courtesy car charge - I don't pay a penny, never have. Zero excess too. 

Nice to to hear about a good dealership network though! 

Hi Toothy 

I certainly would not get spark plugs done at 21k miles, however I don't know if they will insist on it being done before they are prepared to stamp service book. I would be interested on how you get on and the stance Lexus take on it. All the best.

The plugs on mine were done last year at 42k, the car being 8 years old at this point. 

All services were done at the same dealer so they didn't insist on it being done at the 60k/6 year service. 

• Like 1

Can agree about lexus Coventry had a couple cars from them now,and they also collect and deliver for services to.

When we were interested in purchasing our Rx from them they actually brought it over to the house for us to view and test drive,which we thought was above and beyond.

11 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for good plugs?

@Rusty Crobar Matey I'd stick with the originals I've never read anything here or abroad that using anything else would offer any benefit whatsoever, there are I'm wagering many on here who been using there's for tens of thousands of miles without issues.

Have you an issue or is it just time to change ?

🐀

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Rusty Crobar Matey I'd stick with the originals I've never read anything here or abroad that using anything else would offer any benefit whatsoever, there are I'm wagering many on here who been using there's for tens of thousands of miles without issues.

Have you an issue or is it just time to change ?

🐀

Just wondering, and planing for the future. I have no history with my car other than the service book so I'm not sure what's been done when 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Just wondering, and planing for the future. I have no history with my car other than the service book so I'm not sure what's been done when 🤔

@Rusty Crobar Time for a schedule of your own now matey, you've got a trusty spanner man for the more tool heavy stuff

Oil +filters and brake stuff you can do yourself, the first 6 plugs are not to much of a problem the back 2 a bit more fiddly

There is a tutorial for the plugs on the tube 

These two are pretty good matey for the aforementioned basics 👍

🐀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just had mine in for a full service at Coventry this week. Willing to negotiate and tailor the service to suit. Even booked me in for the next day.
Unfortunately I had to take it back the following day. The brakes felt awful! They had left lots of air in the brake system, and so manually bled them the old fashioned way (instead of via a machine). Very pleased with how everything was handled though and will continue to use them in the future.

• Like 2

On 2017-5-4 at 10:09 AM, Tom24 said:

Think the 60k one is around £750 but yeah I wouldn't think you would need the plugs doing at that mileage. 

Other majors are around the £400 Mark I believe. I signed up for gold membership on here and got 15% off the service price so it's worth doing, they didn't actually ask for evidence I was a member though. 

I wouldn't bother with Gold Membership, just get 2 dealers to price match a discounted price :)

I was offered more than the gold membership discount just by asking. Didn't have to haggle, or ask around and play off other dealerships.