Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official 2007 LS460 Lexus Dealer Promotional Book

Waiting in the Lexus dealer's customer lounge /coffee area yesterday while a new rear drive shaft was being fitted under warranty to my own 2007 LS460, (split rubber boot) I noticed this hard backed book on a coffee table and thought how odd a 10 year old book, specifically for the 2007 LS460, was lying amongst various other reading material including all the newest model brochures.   Intrigued I went through it, all 96 pages and thought I would love to own this book.   I asked the service manager if the parts or sales departments could tell me if the book was still available at it had a Lexus part number on the back of it.    He came back and said it was out of print but as it belonged to the sales department the sales manager had said if the customer wants it then he could have it because it was an old obsolete publication.  I was very happy to hear that.  The book is very detailed and covers every model variant in 2007.  Full colour photos and assume all dealers got one when the new 460 was launched.

SAM_0858.jpg

SAM_0859.jpg

SAM_0860.jpg

• Like 4

A wonderful capture and I do hope that some suitable organisation benefited from a charitable donation Steve.

A new drive shaft fitted under warranty after 10 years.....wow, makes one feel proud to own a Lexus.

!Regards

John

17 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

A new drive shaft fitted under warranty after 10 years.....wow, makes one feel proud to own a Lexus.

and after 22 years and 193k miles mine certainly doesn't need one  ( fingers xd )  .......  I'd have thought 10 years isn't great longevity tbh BUT of course it's likely only Lexus would replace free of charge

Malc

• Like 1

Having a drive shaft fitted under my extended Lexus warranty was only the result of a fantastic dealer, Lexus Carlisle where I bought the car from back in Oct 2015. I live 117 miles from Carlisle and went to them because I have it serviced there under my service plan.  I had approached Lexus Leeds who laughed me out of the building who said no chance of getting a rubber cv joint gaiter replaced even if I did have Lexus warranty.    Carlisle took the complete opposite approach and did everything for me.  They said I could wait in their customer reception area where I spotted the book, supplied me with coffee, biscuits, soft drinks etc.    Although I was there just over 4 hours before I journeyed back to Yorkshire I couldn't have been treated any better.   Lexus Leeds,  a joke of a dealer.  I'm still in two minds to drop Lexus an e mail and tell them what a shambles the Leeds dealer is  at representing a quality brand like Lexus.     

SAM_0851.jpg

• Like 3