Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ive got a second key and managed to programme that to start the car ,trying to get the remote programmed seems to be a bit more difficult ive got it were the locks cycle after number 8 but nothing am i using the correct procedure

1. Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

2. Unlock and open the driver's door.

3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just

remove it).

4. Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock

the door 5 times.

5. Close the door.

6. Open the door.

7. Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times but this time use the ELECTRIC lock. Insert the key into the ignition and turn

it to the "ON" position. Remove the key. The locks will now cycle by themselves.

If the door locks do not cycle (lock and unlock) by themselves then the car isn’t in programming mode and you must start over.

8. On the remote, press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.

9. On the remote, press the LOCK button for no more than 1 second.

10. Close and open the door to end the programming procedure.

15 minutes ago, Beejay55 said:

Hi Steve

Did this programme the keyless entry, also?

Can you state exactly what you mean by 'MANUAL' in step 4?

Cheers

Brendan

theres an electronic lock switch near your window switches and the manual lock and unlock next to your door pull opener brendan

• Like 1

I am struggling to get the Keyless working.  Remote locking and opening is working fine.

I have tried a number of methods, but can't recall anyone saying 'manual' locking and opening. I have used the button on the arm rest.  Is this what you meant?

Cheers

Brendan

heres an electronic lock switch near your window switches and the manual lock and unlock next to your door pull opener brendan

Steve

Thanks.  That's clear.  I'll give it a go.  All that happened was a flat Battery.  I should be disappointed if it requires a visit to a dealer.

Cheers

Brendan

2 hours ago, ste42 said:

ive got a second key and managed to programme that to start the car ,trying to get the remote programmed seems to be a bit more difficult ive got it were the locks cycle after number 8 but nothing am i using the correct procedure

1. Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

2. Unlock and open the driver's door.

3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just

remove it).

4. Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock

the door 5 times.

5. Close the door.

6. Open the door.

7. Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times but this time use the ELECTRIC lock. Insert the key into the ignition and turn

it to the "ON" position. Remove the key. The locks will now cycle by themselves.

If the door locks do not cycle (lock and unlock) by themselves then the car isn’t in programming mode and you must start over.

8. On the remote, press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.

9. On the remote, press the LOCK button for no more than 1 second.

10. Close and open the door to end the programming procedure.

Hi Steve

I used the same procedure myself many years ago (Haylands post)

I actually got it the other way round - managed to programme the remote lock.unlock straight away - but i couldnt get it to start - I must of attempted it about 30 times untill it worked and I have no idea why it didnt work earlier!

I would say just keep trying

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beejay55 said:

I have been know to be persistent :wink3:

brendan this is for the ls400 only if you have a 430 you wil need a different method

Thanks Steve.  I will either have to wait for someone to provide a method for the LS430 ( I have tried a few), or swap my car for a LS400 :wink3:

On another Lexus forum, it was suggested the following will work for the LS 430:

1. Begin with the key out of the ignition.

2. OPEN and UNLOCK the DRIVER'S side door. CLOSE all other doors including the trunk.

3. Within 5 seconds INSERT the key into the ignition and PULL it out TWICE.

4. CLOSE then OPEN the DRIVER's side door TWICE.

5. Insert key INTO the ignition then REMOVE it.

6. CLOSE then OPEN the DRIVER's side door TWICE.

7. Insert the key INTO the ignition and LEAVE it in ignition.

8. CLOSE the DRIVER's side door.

9. Switch the ignition to ON then OFF.

10. REMOVE the key from ignition.

11. The door locks will now cycle to confirm the vehicle has successfully entered programming mode.

12. PUSH and HOLD the LOCK and UNLOCK button for 1.5 seconds on the first remote being programmed. As soon as you let go PUSH the LOCK button and HOLD it for 2 seconds.

13. The door locks will cycle to confirm successful programming of the remote. If you have any additional remotes to program repeat step 12 if you have no additional remotes proceed to step 14.

14. OPEN the DRIVER'S side door. Programming is now complete.

I will give it a go tomorrow.