Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450H Power Issues after Battery Works

Hello Guys:
I had a series of Hybrid Battery errors in my GS450H (New to me) 2006 Model.
Basically issues with Cells in Bank 13 and 19/20 according to a code scanner.

I've removed the Hybrid Battery as per the Instructions available at various locations, and replaced 2 x Cells which had Low Voltage (6.7V Compared to 8.35V on the rest of my Pack).
Re-Assembled the Battery and connected back in car.

However now when I try and start the car I get nothing... pressing the start button does nothing... the Key Remote doesn't respond and lock/unlock the doors at all (even though I can see the light flashing on the Remote).
My Mechanic and I have trawelled various forums and completed the following

- Place Remote close to the Start Button (No Change)
- Disconnected Battery for an Hour or Longer (We had it off for 15 Hours and still no change once reconnected)
- Checked Engine Bay Fuses (All Seem Ok/Working on Test Light etc)

The Car does have 12V Power running through it, the Headlights work through the stalk, and the Interior Lights come on when you open/close doors. Central Locking appears to work with the Key (obviously not remote).

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Should the Dash come on/Light up even if the Hybrid Battery Pack was disconnected/not working?

8 hours ago, BCTS said:

Hello Guys:
I had a series of Hybrid Battery errors in my GS450H (New to me) 2006 Model.
Basically issues with Cells in Bank 13 and 19/20 according to a code scanner.

I've removed the Hybrid Battery as per the Instructions available at various locations, and replaced 2 x Cells which had Low Voltage (6.7V Compared to 8.35V on the rest of my Pack).
Re-Assembled the Battery and connected back in car.

However now when I try and start the car I get nothing... pressing the start button does nothing... the Key Remote doesn't respond and lock/unlock the doors at all (even though I can see the light flashing on the Remote).
My Mechanic and I have trawelled various forums and completed the following

- Place Remote close to the Start Button (No Change)
- Disconnected Battery for an Hour or Longer (We had it off for 15 Hours and still no change once reconnected)
- Checked Engine Bay Fuses (All Seem Ok/Working on Test Light etc)

The Car does have 12V Power running through it, the Headlights work through the stalk, and the Interior Lights come on when you open/close doors. Central Locking appears to work with the Key (obviously not remote).

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Should the Dash come on/Light up even if the Hybrid Battery Pack was disconnected/not working?

The high voltage safety plug must be fitted properly. There is a slide movement after closing the handle, and if this is not done two small contacts in the mechanism are not made.

John.

• Like 1

I immediately had the same thought as John, the hybrid safety interlock system.

Could I ask if you used the recommended class O rubber gloves during the Battery replacement and refitting of the pack to the vehicle?

Hello:
High Voltage Plug is secured correctly... Latch is Lifted Back in and then Slide Across as expected.
I'm not sure about the "Class O" Gloves... but we did use Rubber Gloves whilst removing and refitting the Battery.

My Troubleshooting steps today will be

1) Remove the Battery Terminal Cover and check Battery Voltage with Multimeter (To see if Internal Battery Links are correct).

2) Potentially perform ECU Reset

Maybe you have checked are you sure 12v Battery is fully charged they run down very quick and can still show 12/13 volts but not enough to generate enough to power the start  up ecu's

i had same problem when i had a dash cam fitted doors open interior lights on etc

fitter said we will just charge Battery then see he came back next day and it was away

Guys problem has been diagnosed and resolved today.

I haven't been onsite with the Mechanic but the Large Fusible Link beneath the Fuse Box in the Engine Bay had blown (I believe it's 60A). We've replaced it temporarily whilst we wait for the correct Lexus Part and the car is functioning perfectly.

Also my Battery Replacement of 2 x Cells of the 40 has also resulted in my Hybrid Battery Errors going away.. :)

Good result all around in the end..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BCTS said:

Guys problem has been diagnosed and resolved today.

I haven't been onsite with the Mechanic but the Large Fusible Link beneath the Fuse Box in the Engine Bay had blown (I believe it's 60A). We've replaced it temporarily whilst we wait for the correct Lexus Part and the car is functioning perfectly.

Also my Battery Replacement of 2 x Cells of the 40 has also resulted in my Hybrid Battery Errors going away.. :)

Good result all around in the end..

Do a job make a job, that's me as well.   :lol:

• 1 month later...

May I ask what you used to read that the 13 and 19/20 bank batteries were faulty? I have a Bluetooth reader that only tells the CEL code using the Torque Lite app on my phone.

I've been continuously getting the P0A7F and sometimes the replace hybrid Battery code. The Battery continually dies after sitting only 4-5days every week. I have to jump it each time to get started. I took the Battery apart before and cleaned all nuts/connectors of corrosion, charged each individual Battery. Checked the voltage, and they all looked within reason. Let batteries sit for a week or two and they held a decent charge. Reinstall Battery hoping corrosion was the problem, but same issues as prior.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links