Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help finding SC430 for magazine feature

dbizzle

Hello!

First time posting here, and I'm coming in with a favour to ask... I'm writing a convertible group test for Modern Classics magazine, and we're looking for an SC430 to shoot and test-drive - in excellent condition and ideally all factory-standard. Are there any users here in the Surrey/London/ish area that would be interested in being involved?

Many thanks, Dan

22 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Not for me but if any other members with an original car fancy it ...be my guest :wink3:

Do you prefer the stsndard wheels? Only ask I'm looking for some wheels

18 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Messi why not put your blue SC in for this magazine shoot ...we know the paintwork  is in tiptop condition.

I should do shouldn't I, but I don't live anywhere near London etc

12 minutes ago, messi said:

That is a bit of a spanner in the works ! 

14 hours ago, messi said:

The mag can contribute to fuel costs up to a point, if it helps... ;)

Little update: forget the London bit, looks like we'll actually be shooting at Goodwood!

Goodwood is just down the road from me, will there be an opportunity to get the cars on the track? 

Alas mine has been tweaked 'just a little' :wink3: so I'm out.

• Like 1

We're actually shooting on the roads around Goodwood rather than the track itself - accentuating the cars' top-down, summer cruising abilities rather than hammering them about at crazy speed.

I think we've sourced a car now - thanks all for the help :)

• Like 2

On 10/05/2017 at 9:41 PM, Neil E said:

Goodwood is just down the road from me, will there be an opportunity to get the cars on the track? 

Alas mine has been tweaked 'just a little' :wink3: so I'm out.

@Neil E Apologies to poster just want say thanks Neil for the advice on the SC430 down my way friends went to see it and salesman said " The price is non negotiable as it's a sort after classic"

Big Rat

• Like 1

@Big Rat Any time Paul. It does look a nice one but the salesman should take a look at all of the other much sought after examples for sale at the moment that aren't selling. The wheels let that car down but it's a simple fix. I had virtually no interest in my SC. I will have to sell the RX instead:biggrin:

Don't tell the SC430 members but I went to view the ISF at Wotton-Under-Edge on Saturday. :cool:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil E said:

@Big Rat Any time Paul. It does look a nice one but the salesman should take a look at all of the other much sought after examples for sale at the moment that aren't selling. The wheels let that car down but it's a simple fix. I had virtually no interest in my SC. I will have to sell the RX instead:biggrin:

Don't tell the SC430 members but I went to view the ISF at Wotton-Under-Edge on Saturday. :cool:

@Neil E Yes I agree for what little I know about them, your secret is safe with me 😏

Which is the WUE car ?

Big Rat

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Neil E Yes I agree for what little I know about them, your secret is safe with me 😏

Which is the WUE car ?

Big Rat

@Neil E I realise which one it is now they've had it for some time I don't know the car personally, it looks nice from the pictures, I'd say it was priced right maybe some wiggle room I guess.

Its the usual ISF scenario as to why it hasn't sold unfamiliarity with the model and I would suggest also the mileage, but if you wanted a keeper and the car checked out the mileage is irrelevant I guess.

Let us know how you get on 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1