Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I realise this topic has had a wide range of discussion for pre 2010 models, but I thought I would throw my penny worth in.

Having reviewed many systems that involved taking apart the dash, which I was loath to do, I have just finished installing a  BlackBerry Music Gateway Bluetooth Audio Adapter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182346156646?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Inside the arm rest is a 12v supply and a 3.5mm audio jack:
You need to buy a 12v mini USB like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-2-Port-Mini-Bullet-Universal-Dual-USB-Car-Charger-Adapter-5V-2-1A-1A-/391774226811?hash=item5b3790497b:g:bN4AAOSw~y9ZCoo4

And most important a ground loop isolator like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272606832493?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Plug the USB adapter into the 12v socket
Use the supplied blackberry USB to mini USB cable for power
Plug the supplied blackberry 3.5 jack cable into the blackberry unit
Plug the other end into the ground loop isolator
And then plug the ground loop isolator 3.5mm jack into the aux port
Turn on the ignition and pair your phone to the blackberry
Select the Aux system from the disc/aux button
Start music on your phone and hey presto it works like a charm, all your music through the wonderful Lexus speakers.
The system stops when you turn the ignition off and auto starts when you put the ignition back on.
Also if you have a virtual assistant like the Iphone Siri, by holding the home button down you can tell it to start whatever Album/artist/track you want and it will play that for you, and will shuffle, pause the music etc
For a demo watch

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

That's a neat solution, I might try that with the 400, using the 3.5mm jack into a cassette adaptor, not as elegant as in the 460 but would give me simple Bluetooth for music off my tablet, and allow my wife to listen to the Archers off her phone.

Nice one.

5 hours ago, lexus707 said:

Wow never thought of using the tape deck with Bluetooth, let us know if it works 

I assume in cassette mode making calls would work if the phone mic was able to pick up my voice (which being a nice and quite LS should not be a problem). 

Not sure if and when I'll get off my backside and buy the gateway, as I have other things to spend wonga on at the moment.

It is a shame the LS400 was around just before all this MP3 stuff took off, and trading up to a 460 seems a little extravagent to also be able to watch videos and dial from the console screen.

But if I do go ahead I'll let you know if it works, especially if someone buys me a Fire tablet with a 256GB card (so I can drop most of my music library - compressed  - onto the tablet).

The only problem I find with Bluetooth is a lot of devices get confused by twinning to too many devices, and you end up having to reboot this that and the other.

• 2 years later...

2 of the links are no longer active. Are you able to see if there are any others that I could do to get this to work? I have a Galaxy S8/Android phone, but that shouldn't make a difference. Would the initial blackberry thing still work? I have an early LS460 and I don't think it has an audio jack port though?

Many thanks!

Hi, Sorry about the links no longer active.

I don't have my 460 AWD anymore so I'm unable to comment on other systems working in the same way as described.

Have you checked carefully to see if there is an Audio jack in the arm rest, its tight up the top of the box on the right hand side.

Enjoy the 460 IMO possibly one of the best cars ever made.

Regards

On 12/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, lexus707 said:

I don't have my 460 AWD

did you discover in the end if your's was the one and only Ls460  AWD in the country ?

Thanks

Malc

6 hours ago, Malc said:

did you discover in the end if your's was the one and only Ls460  AWD in the country ?

Thanks

Malc

Yes Malc, according to howmanyleft.co.uk only 1 Lexus LS460 AWD has been registered in the U.K.

IMG_5529.JPG

• Like 1