Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Visible polish marks

After washing my black ct today i applied my usual polish routine,autoglym super resin then 2 hours later armorall sheild. First coat buffed up fine,however the sheild coat was really hard to buff,i can still see marks. I used this method on my previous fiat orange car with no problem. This is the first time i have done my full two coat routine last few times have just been super resin. Have never owned a black car before so wondering if this shows more on this shade i have noticed swirls and scratches are more noticeable.

Maybe i`m being too fussy but any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, McRattlehead said:

After washing my black ct today i applied my usual polish routine,autoglym super resin then 2 hours later armorall sheild. First coat buffed up fine,however the sheild coat was really hard to buff,i can still see marks. I used this method on my previous fiat orange car with no problem. This is the first time i have done my full two coat routine last few times have just been super resin. Have never owned a black car before so wondering if this shows more on this shade i have noticed swirls and scratches are more noticeable.

Maybe i`m being too fussy but any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. 

You need to be more clear on what marks you can see

Can you see scratches/swirls/holograms?

Or do you see polish residue and haze?

1 hour ago, McRattlehead said:

Ahh! yes of course poor explanation on my part. It is hazing and polish residue from the top coat of armorall. 

Did you leave the SRP to cure for 30 mins?

The solvents in it need to evaporate and if locked in immediately with Armorall, it'll cause the top layer to re-haze

Yes left car over lunchbreak,maybe next time i do my double coat i will leave overnight to be certain. After further research it appears black paint makes flaws more obvious,perhaps i should have went for the "cherry red"shade,which i saw for the first time today in Edinburgh on a CT. :wallbash:

2 hours ago, McRattlehead said:

Yes left car over lunchbreak,maybe next time i do my double coat i will leave overnight to be certain. After further research it appears black paint makes flaws more obvious,perhaps i should have went for the "cherry red"shade,which i saw for the first time today in Edinburgh on a CT. :wallbash:

Shouldn't be that then. 

The only thing I can think of is if it's not been removed completely and then re-hazed

Thanks for all the suggestions,it`s now five days since i`ve polished the car and the hazing is now a lot less visible had a few frosty nights up this way which seems to have helped.

I`m sure i will find a suitable new method through trial and error. I think the CT does look good in black so i wont give in to this minor irritation.