Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A few decent looking MKIV LS400 on ebay at the moment

8 hours ago, Malc said:

those photos were taken 12/2/2011 :wallbash:

Malc

I studied the Ad to determine if it was current too!

Is that some sort of after market air filter?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gkkes said:

I studied the Ad to determine if it was current too!

Is that some sort of after market air filter?

Maybe the private seller has just used the dealer pictures from when he bought the car?

On 5/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

The Car with LPG it always bothers me when I see a Petrol guage with a level below empty. OK its got Gas but you need to leave a bit onf petrol in the tank and I'd say not less than a quarter full to be on the safe side not to drag in muck or if the gas plays up - which it shouldn't of course.  If it was the blue Car with the LPG I might have been tempted as not so far away from me

I got my LPG conversion done at Proffess S Wales, that was the top recommendation of apx 4 years ago & mine still. But, there was/is an awfull lot of LPG convertsions which are poor to awfull to catstrophic, so, if buying an LPG conversion I would either buy only a proffess conversion or find a lot of good feeback on any other, I add, stay away from any conversions done in London, where I live & from where i travelled to S Wales for my conversion

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dendonc said:

I got my LPG conversion done at Proffess S Wales, that was the top recommendation of apx 4 years ago & mine still. But, there was/is an awfull lot of LPG convertsions which are poor to awfull to catstrophic, so, if buying an LPG conversion I would either buy only a proffess conversion or find a lot of good feeback on any other, I add, stay away from any conversions done in London, where I live & from where i travelled to S Wales for my conversion

I have always said you can pay small fortunes for an LPG system if its thrown into the car you might just have thrown your money down a drain or pop it into the post to me. As Denis has said there are some awful installations out there so unless you know for definite who fitted the system or you or a mate know what to look for, leave it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I have always said you can pay small fortunes for an LPG system if its thrown into the car you might just have thrown your money down a drain or pop it into the post to me. As Denis has said there are some awful installations out there so unless you know for definite who fitted the system or you or a mate know what to look for, leave it.

Sound advice.

I've just had a closer look at the gold LS400 baz is selling. I think he could struggle with this one. He is asking £1950 for it. I really don't understand why the bonnet, roof and bootlid have faded so much and it really is just confined to these 3 panels, the fading doesn't overlap into the wings etc. There is a lot of good service history with it although the last MOT had a few advisories, he's also including his private plate in the sale. He was selling this in order to get an LPG converted LS400 but has only gone and bought another standard one instead saying he couldn't resist the rare colour which is amethyst I believe!!!

Anyway, I'm going to check out a 2006 GS450h on Wednesday, here's a link to it. What do you think?

http://www.glasshousecarsales.co.uk/lexus-gs-450h-hybrid-electric-in-anwick-6171244

25 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

I've just had a closer look at the gold LS400 baz is selling. I think he could struggle with this one. He is asking £1950 for it. I really don't understand why the bonnet, roof and bootlid have faded so much and it really is just confined to these 3 panels, the fading doesn't overlap into the wings etc. There is a lot of good service history with it although the last MOT had a few advisories, he's also including his private plate in the sale. He was selling this in order to get an LPG converted LS400 but has only gone and bought another standard one instead saying he couldn't resist the rare colour which is amethyst I believe!!!

Anyway, I'm going to check out a 2006 GS450h on Wednesday, here's a link to it. What do you think?

http://www.glasshousecarsales.co.uk/lexus-gs-450h-hybrid-electric-in-anwick-6171244

What ever Mr Baz says you take as though an estate agents was talking to you and then some.

3 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

I think that looks very very nice!  It'll be interesting to see how you get on and how it feels compared to the LS.

3 hours ago, Bluesman said:

What ever Mr Baz says you take as though an estate agents was talking to you and then some.

Google "urban dictionary" and type in Baz, that might amuse you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I think that looks very very nice!  It'll be interesting to see how you get on and how it feels compared to the LS.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like, I've never driven a hybrid or a CVT before!!!

On 12/05/2017 at 8:29 PM, The-Acre said:

Strange how there's no photos of the interior as such, loads of the exterior, but you would want lots of internal pics before viewing surely.

There are some interior pictures available now, looks nice but still to pricey!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703283780519?sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&model=LS 400&postcode=ls211dg&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&page=1

13 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

Well doesn't that look just superb! I really don't know what a fair price would be for that, it's quite unique.  I know photos don't always tell the whole story but it looks like a new car.  If I had a bottomless pot of cash I'd be very interested in that, sadly at moment I can see the bottom of my pot!

• Like 1

What would buy?

£6,000

LS 400 with less than 50,000 miles

or 

Mercedes-Benz S Class 5.0 S500L Limousine 4dr

• 2005 (55 reg)
  •  
  • Limousine
  •  
  • 88,000 miles
  • Automatic
  •  
  • 5.0L
  •  
  • 302 bhp
  •  
  • Petrol

Fiat 500 HATCHBACK 1.2 Lounge 3dr [Start Stop]

Low Insurance + £30 Road Tax

•  
  • Hatchback
  •  
  • 24,330 miles
  •  
  • Manual
  • 1.2L
  •  
  • Petrol

Well, the Fiat doesn't bear comparison with the other two, it's a car you'd have as well as, rather than instead of, the Merc or Lexus imo.

I'd be more than happy to glide around in either car, but would pick the Lexus over the Merc based on likely repair costs, I just trust Lexus/Toyota for reliability, over any of the German makes.

• Like 1

I actually have a friend who has been a Mercedes tech for years, he's always told me to stay away from Mercedes as they are money pits. His words, not mine and I think he's right too

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Well, the Fiat doesn't bear comparison with the other two, it's a car you'd have as well as, rather than instead of, the Merc or Lexus imo.

I'd be more than happy to glide around in either car, but would pick the Lexus over the Merc based on likely repair costs, I just trust Lexus/Toyota for reliability, over any of the German makes.

Plus, if I was unfortunate enough to be in a bad accident I wouldn't want to be in the Fiat.  You may remember a member just a few years ago who crashed his LS400 and was told by the police that he may not have survived in a "lesser" vehicle.  And of course the Mercedes wouldn't allow you to go far unless it came with a built in auto electrician.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messi said:

I actually have a friend who has been a Mercedes tech for years, he's always told me to stay away from Mercedes as they are money pits. His words, not mine and I think he's right too

I've got one of those friends too, and he said the same, mostly due to expensive electrical failures.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

I should add, I wouldn't pay 6 grand for the Lexus either, as nice as it is, as there are good examples available for less than half that amount, admittedly with higher mileages, but these cars wear their miles brilliantly, if looked after.

I agree with the posts about Mercs, and would add corrosion to the problems list.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links