Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus GS 450h Vs Infiniti G50 or G70?

Have had a wonderful facelift 2008 GS now for over 2 years and have been really happy with it in all aspects from town driving to motorway cruising, so much in fact that my only thought was that my next car was going to be a 2012 or 2013 GS450h.

That was until I saw the Infiniti Q50 and Q70, it seems like a very similar beast but potentially more power however you can get a newer car with less miles on for your money. I realise in the end it will be down to my own testing and choosing but was wondering if anyone here had experience of the two and could share their thoughts?

Theres something about the Infiniti to me that doesnt look as well put together as the Lexus but open to any comments or experiences.

Thank you.

Quality on the Infiniti range is still not up to par with Lexus and they're hybrid drivetrains aren't either

Additionally, the driving dynamics are poor as well. The G50 certainly has some awkward steering which needs correcting too often

I thought exactly the same as you re value and spec which is newer and or less money but they do not drive as well as a GS 450 and the dealer network is very thinly spread. Also with more GS hybrids out there it is now possible to find non franchise help with a Lexus but not for Infinity? I also found the Infinity to be a very dark cabin which is not to my taste. I bought another GS 450 SE L and must say I am delighted with it .

I was interested in the M3.5h / Q70 before ending up with my GS. However, the sheer impossibility of finding one to look at ruled it out in the end. I visited my three nearest Infiniti dealers, but they only had dirty diesels in stock at the time. None of them seemed particularly keen to sell any cars - they were just tacked-on afterthoughts to Nissan dealerships.

I would still be interested in trying a Q70 for the active noise cancellation. The GS has more road noise than I would like, and I would be interested to see if the Q70 was any better in this respect. However, I'm not sure I would want to give up the superb Lexus drivetrain for the inferior Infiniti one, and the Q70's cabin does (in pictures, at least) look horribly dated.

18 hours ago, tonyricha said:

I thought exactly the same as you re value and spec which is newer and or less money

If you want newer for less money. :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705035051267?price-to=5000&sort=year-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&postcode=fy11rn&page=1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links