Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot lid lock

LeoLex

Hello fellow Lex enthusiasts,

The other day I left my car door slightly ajar and didn't realise. So, the locking system didn't kick in and I didn't check. Well, an opportunist thief saw and went through the vehicle stealing just a couple of pounds left in the ashtray. He pulled the boot lever and went through but took nothing. I have become concerned that my speaker/ amp box, which is in the boot, may be of some interest so I'm wondering if I can disable the hand lever by the driver's seat. I have been told that some models have a key lock near the lever but mine does not. Ideally, I'd like to set the car so that only a key, be it remotely or the key itself can open the boot.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Many thanks,

Leon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea. You just remove the cable from the boot latch. Quite easy to do. Pull back the trim in the boot held on with a couple clips, then there is a black plastic piece covering the boot latch which clips off pretty easily. From there it's pretty self explanatory, just unhook the cable from the lever on the boot latch.

And while you're at it you got 4x 8mm bolts right there which lets you pull the little bezel from the outside with the license plate lights. If you wanna change those.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you do go to the trouble of taking the bezel off worth also cleaning all the contacts and the lens, mine were in a right state. Be careful tightening the little nuts afterwards, they're not a very robust; I had one shear off under hardly any strain.