Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just picked up my IS F!

Hello All, 

My first post and my first Lexus. I picked up my Ultrasonic Blue 2010 F this morning. Its a very impressive car.  Just thought I would say hi to all on the forums and join in when I can. 

I was hoping to pick your brains too, newbie question! I have done a bit of research on these and have not come across any with the same wheels. They have Lexus centre caps but I am unsure if they are OEM/Optional or aftermarket?

VJ

20170512_142958.jpg

20170512_121941.jpg

• Like 9

Welcome and congratulations on the car, the blue ones are the fastest you know, looks great.

The wheels were an option and I really like them, I am sure you will love the car, one or two members will be along shortly with silver coloured cars..............don't listen to them.......................:biggrin:

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Vijay.

That's a mighty looking 1st Lexus, in the correct colour too :wink3: 

Well done :thumbsup: and enjoy :yes:

I hope you don't mind me asking but what was your previous steed and what drew you to the IS-F?

Another man with taste in cars, well done Vijay you may be getting a message on here soon from another member I won't mention his name @emjay82 oops, offering you large sums of money for those wheels.

Only joking fella welcome on board.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Welcome @V1J4Y (VJ) I know you have just taken ownership of your car but would you like to sell your wheels...? Only kidding. 😉 

If you ever decide to sell any other parts please speak to Rat @

r1.jpg.b5dd52b0310241d2e98059c87676e1f9.jpg

Only kidding, welcome, the car look fantastic 👍.  I look forward to hearing from you and would be good to see you at some meets! 

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Vijay & welcome to the club. 

My favourite colour & with the rare wheels too. They are a great car - fun times ahead:yahoo:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farqui said:

Welcome to the forum Vijay.

That's a mighty looking 1st Lexus, in the correct colour too :wink3: 

Well done :thumbsup: and enjoy :yes:

I hope you don't mind me asking but what was your previous steed and what drew you to the IS-F?

Thanks for all the thumbs ups!

Interesting to know about the wheels - seems like they are popular and rare....

Its actually my first real performance car. My last car was a '06 1.8 Civic and previously I had a '00 CLK 230 Kompressor. This is a huge step up for me!

Obviously the F gets compared in the group of M3, C63, RS4 and XFR. I really went for it for the  V8, reliability and the 'big car comfort' that you also get from a Lexus - with mega performance! Also, it is practically fully loaded with things that would be options on most other brands. Its also a lot more exclusive as there are quite a few M3s in the car park at work and I didn't just want to be another one of them. (only 200ish IS Fs on HowManyLeft.com)

My last few cars have been silver and black so the blue really stood out to me personally. 

I am not really thinking about mods at the moment but as it has been a significant investment, I will be installing a tracker next week.  

:)

• Like 3

Wow, that's some jump up from the Honda. Spooky but I came from an diseasel 2.2 Civic (albeit tweaked) to Lexus.

I totally agree with your exclusive comment, which was party why I bought mine.

Welcome to the forum and what a stunning car you have bought. Mine is a Sonic Titanium NX, my second choice was the blue. In fact I think the blue suits the IS F even better. I am sure it will be a joy to drive. 

I am enjoying driving it for sure! V8 for my daily/only driver! I just missed out on JapFest Silverstone but am hoping I can make it to JapFest Donington on 1st July. I am hoping to share the car with all those who appreciate it too at shows/meets etc if I can make it. 

Once I get more settled I can get some nice photos sorted too. 

I just found "sport" mode this afternoon but haven't tried it with manual mode yet.... plan for tomorrow lol!

• Like 3

Welcome to the group, love the colour, don't be fooled about the "fastest colour" it's definitely the red......they're a lot harder to photo due to speed. 😂.......I'm sure u will love the car. They're like sheeps in wolves clothing 👍👍

• Like 1

On 14/05/2017 at 10:22 PM, Womble72 said:

Doh 😞.....hanging head in shame 😂

@Womble72 There's no shame in saying mistaken or odd even repetitive ramblings on this forum Matey, a trawl through my threads will show that 😂

🐀

• Like 1