Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, i seen some wheel thats are 5x112.. i belive they will fit our gs300h with some variation nuts/bolts.

Anyone have any experience with this. You might be thinkinh why dont i just get 5x114.3.. well the answer is what ever alloy i like, its either not available or only comes in 112.

• Like 1

I've never known of fitting different pcd wheels to any car, and think it'd be dodgy and weak if even possible. If the holes don't line up, surely they be ill fitting and lacking contact area and grip between wheel and bolts.

Sounds very dodgy/dangerous to me, unless your able to change hubs to match the pcd of wheels... but, they have come up with some funky workaround stuff, so perhaps there is a way?

Wobble/variation bolts/nuts would probably do the job. But the centre bore needs to work too. If the bore is smaller than the lexus, the wheel won't fit either (and would have to be machined to increase the bore). If the bore is bigger, you'll need spigot rings as well.

• Like 1

Most wobble nuts will accommodate a 1.5mm variation in pcd, so the difference between 112 & 114.3 is probably out of their range.

You can get adapter plates but you would also have to be aware of offset too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-PCD-Adaptors-Honda-5x114-3-to-fit-Audi-VW-5x112-wheels-20-mm-1-pair-/171413220583?hash=item27e9062ce7:m:mL3mjLTfekNDyuYNm0NGcsA

By the time you've bought two pairs, you're halfway to a brand new set of wheels that do fit.

28767073142_3e9a3dc77b_b.jpgIMG_2010 by John Pate, on Flickr

Probably more trouble than it's worth in the end.

• Like 1

There are lots of wobble nuts for sale that cover the range, so that change isn't an issue. The bore (and offset as also mentioned) are additional factors though. Adaptor plates make offset even more of an issue.

Probably also worth considering the insurance implications, as non-factory wheels cause problems, they may refuse insurance completely with wobble nuts or adaptors.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Adapters are no go... i dont like them at all.

I have seen some wariation bolts/nuts that cover 2.5mm so that wont be a issue, im going to try my mates E class AMG alloy (5x112) later today or tomorrow lunchtime and see what situ is.

Insurance . . . Yeah thats another thing i need to look into.

I keep you guys posted on after i try the  Merc wheels.

Thanks buddy.. i will keep you in mind should i get in to any sort of issue..

I believe you guys are good with classic car insurance?

UPDATE: 

i couldnt get the merc so i got hold of a galaxy which shares the same PCD of 112.

So the first thing to mention is that the bore is smaller on thr galaxy alloy, so when i fitted it i just wanted to make sure the 5 bolt threads came through the alloy. The result is here:

https://youtu.be/4Ph4Xsu4LKc

On 2017-5-13 at 1:36 AM, Ace8800 said:

Hi guys, i seen some wheel thats are 5x112.. i belive they will fit our gs300h with some variation nuts/bolts.

Anyone have any experience with this. You might be thinkinh why dont i just get 5x114.3.. well the answer is what ever alloy i like, its either not available or only comes in 112.

Did you see my post at all M - Wheels a quick heads up? I think Upex has

Richard

• Like 1

I was interested richard, but given I have the abs pump issue on the gs and the wife's x5 is baffling everyone and refusing to be fixed, costing me a fortune and driving me nuts, cant be looking at upgrades at the mo lol, even though I'd like to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-21 at 8:16 PM, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Did you see my post at all M - Wheels a quick heads up? I think Upex has

Richard

Which post?