Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

servicing

can anyone tell what the difference is between the NX300h and the IS300h on a 4ok / 4yr service

except for the £90 difference in price why is the IS more expensive at £485 compared to the NX at £395.

I don't really understand why the NX is cheaper than the IS to service at any interval except that it is their best selling vehicle and they want to keep running costs down.

I was only charged £445 for my 40k service a couple of weeks ago.

The IS major service price has been £445 for quite some time. They are now being more transparent with the 40k, 60k, 80k services because there are additional checks/parts needed that used to be charged as extras on top of the £445 price.

I was quoted £485 for my 40k service several weeks ago but was only charge £445 by my dealer.

They do use country wide fixed pricing for services, but you can still negotiate I've found. I ended up with a service plan for 2 minors and 1 major with a 10% discount from the old prices and 0% interest paying monthly.

the pricing generally is higher because they can though!

Lexus labour costs are higher. 

Also more expensive showrooms. Money for maintenance has to come from somewhere. 

NX does use a different engine btw.  Not sure whether it needs less maintenance hence slightly lower price though

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Lexus labour costs are higher. 

Also more expensive showrooms. Money for maintenance has to come from somewhere. 

NX does use a different engine btw.  Not sure whether it needs less maintenance hence slightly lower price though

NX and IS have different pistons, camshafts and a different cylinder head to support direct and port injection. Other than that it is the same engine which is a 2AR

10 hours ago, 200h said:

within the last week lexus / toyota increased their servicing prices

our Auris service went up £5 yet the IS went up £40 Why or is it just because they can.

new prices listed here

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/#ServicingYourLexus

Luckily I'm in year one of a three year service plan that they promise is fixed. 

This servicing issue is a costly and major bugbear that doesn't help towards their market position. If BMW can do reasonably priced 5 year service plans based on mileage / use rather than chucking all cars in at 12 months then I'm sure Lexus could do similar. 

Audi can complete a major service all parts included for a 63 plate A5 for £319

and this is after the latest price rise ,this just goes to prove how much

lexus owners are ripped off.

there is probably no more than £100 in parts for our cars the rest is bulked out with

loads & loads of checks.

a lot of the checks are carried out on your mot so why should you have to pay for the checks

again on your service as alot of cars will require a sevice and mot at the same time so why pay for them twice.

the cars being reliable is mainly down to the engineering thats been applied whilst in design and having the

correct grade of materials used in the right areas of the car therefore giving the end user trouble free motoring.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 200h said:

Audi can complete a major service all parts included for a 63 plate A5 for £319

and this is after the latest price rise ,this just goes to prove how much

lexus owners are ripped off.

there is probably no more than £100 in parts for our cars the rest is bulked out with

loads & loads of checks.

For a 2 litre engine yes

Its £399 for engines over 2.0L

Lets not forget that Audi have a huge customer base - there are atleast 3 on every street so they can follow the "lower profit, greater volume" method which won't for Lexus

Also, its every 9000 miles / 1 year

I had a brand new Audi, it was on a 20k service interval. At 10k miles I extracted some oil and sent it to a lab to be tested, they found metal in it and recommended oil change be carried out immediately. The cars computer didn't pick this up, the car was leased and had its oil service 10,000 miles later.

This is why I moved to Lexus, a service every 10k miles is a necessity in my opinion.

Also once your car reaches 5 years old the service costs drop a lot I believe.

• Like 2

I'm sure you'll get just as many examples for the oil being absolutely fine after 20k miles, oils have moved on and £265 for a basic oil change is a lot for an IS. £445 for a main service not such a bargain either.

why would bother to send the oil away for testing on a leased car then not bother to do what they recommend?

Still, would be interested to find out why the NX is cheaper than the IS for servicing. 

19 hours ago, Casa1862 said:

I'm sure you'll get just as many examples for the oil being absolutely fine after 20k miles, oils have moved on and £265 for a basic oil change is a lot for an IS. £445 for a main service not such a bargain either.

why would bother to send the oil away for testing on a leased car then not bother to do what they recommend?

Still, would be interested to find out why the NX is cheaper than the IS for servicing. 

It was an experiment as I didn't believe a brand new car should go 20k before it's first oil change. In the States Audi do an oil change after the first 5k for free.

the result of my experiment made me lean towards a used Lexus when I moved away from leasing and bought a car to keep long term. I wouldn't buy an Audi that had been serviced every 20k.

even though the oil change was recommended by the lab it wasn't my car and I was following the manufacturer and leasing companies service requirements so why would I pay for the oil change at 10k miles.

On 13/05/2017 at 10:19 AM, 200h said:

within the last week lexus / toyota increased their servicing prices

our Auris service went up £5 yet the IS went up £40 Why or is it just because they can.

new prices listed here

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/#ServicingYourLexus

The 60 k service is £595 . What ?? 

Presumably because it incorporates a spark plug change.

Even more alarming is that an RC300h owner has to pay £500+ for every major service, not just at 60K. Those with 200T models appear to be getting shafted too.

2 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Presumably because it incorporates a spark plug change.

Even more alarming is that an RC300h owner has to pay £500+ for every major service, not just at 60K. Those with 200T models appear to be getting shafted too.

Bloody hell, hadn't noticed that before. 

What are Lexus UK playing at?

Is there any difference between the normal servicing and the "essential care" servicing at 5 years onwards or is it just a pricing thing?

Reading between the lines of the majority of members comments, it would appear Lexus service costs are a sore point, and considering the majority of checks carried out are visual inspections( which I suspect is not beyond the ability of the members of this forum) begs the question, at what age of the vehicle does it become foolish to keep getting the car serviced at a Lexus dealership rather than an independent or for those with the skill, do it yourself .

27 minutes ago, B1001 said:

Is there any difference between the normal servicing and the "essential care" servicing at 5 years onwards or is it just a pricing thing?

I asked what the difference was last time my is200d was serviced, and was told no stamp, no filter change and hinges not lubricated. I got a £75 discount on the normal service, so the price difference was only £41 (370 full service, 329 full essential), had it been the original the £445 I would have probably gone for the essential. 

8 hours ago, AlanS said:

Just checked the pricing for an IS200t, why is the 40k service costs £595 where as the 60k cost £495 I'm confused.

No idea

But I assume Lexus UK got someone to do some fancy stats for them which showed that a lower proportion of owners service their car at 60k/6 years with Lexus than at 40k so they probably kept the price lower to bump up that figure.

Just checked the service book it appears the 200t motor requires a spark plug change at 40k miles rather than 60k on most Lexus models as it's not iridium type. This explains why the pricing is the other way around.