Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone got an aftermarket exhaust for sale?

@Warrington guy I agree with Dave his sounds superb, filth I might say absolute filth 😂 now that I've got a second system having heard his number of times when the time comes I'd be prepared to travel to Cobra.

His also retains the standard tips which is important to me.

Big Rat

• Like 3

Do Cobra fabricate it to fit? I've had a cobra exhaust on my previous car, felt it was really good value for money. But that was an off the shelf product.

11 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

Go to cobra exhaust in Sheffield . Just tell them wot you want and how loud. It takes them 3/4 day 

Sheffield is probably 4hrs away from me, I'm reluctant to leave the car for longer than a day and there are custom fabricators car nearer to me.  

Ideally I'd get one in the post and fit myself but it's finding one in the UK that's the problem. I had an order in with H+S but they delayed it a couple of times so I ended up cancelling.

Getting one delivered would be my preferred option too. Maybe Cobra would be willing to do that? Sheffield is only 1.5 hours away for me, so would be willing to drive. But I'd want to take the car home same day.
Local fabricators are an option, but it's finding somewhere I trust. Think I'd have to go on recommendation and see examples of their work first.

9 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Sheffield is probably 4hrs away from me, I'm reluctant to leave the car for longer than a day and there are custom fabricators car nearer to me.  

Ideally I'd get one in the post and fit myself but it's finding one in the UK that's the problem. I had an order in with H+S but they delayed it a couple of times so I ended up cancelling.

Try Pipe Dynamics in Leven. They made a custom rear exhaust section for me - it's a work of art :cool:

01333 421204

Jgtcracer. I called to see them to discuss wot they could do . They explained wot they would do . So booked car in , had to be there for 9 in the morning . They got it straight up on the ramp. There's a big shopping centre 10 mins walk so you can easily waste 1/2 day there . 3 o'clock mine was done . Or they have a waiting room witch you can watch them fitting your exhaust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warrington guy said:

Jgtcracer. I called to see them to discuss wot they could do . They explained wot they would do . So booked car in , had to be there for 9 in the morning . They got it straight up on the ramp. There's a big shopping centre 10 mins walk so you can easily waste 1/2 day there . 3 o'clock mine was done . Or they have a waiting room witch you can watch them fitting your exhaust.

@Warrington guy @Jgtcracer Marcus what Dave is really saying is he let them get on with it whilst he sat round the pub necking ONE pint of Tetleys finest 🤣

🐀

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Suppose as long as I left before 5ish I could be down and back home by 7 or 8pm.  May be worth considering

Cheers for that

@Jgtcracer Marcus I picked up a full original system a few weeks ago from a fellow member, it will not fit in the car I took a van, logistically it presents you with a problem but you can hire one for £50.00 squid for the day.

Better than damaging a car 👍

🐀

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Jgtcracer Marcus I picked up a full original system a few weeks ago from a fellow member, it will not fit in the car I took a van, logistically it presents you with a problem but you can hire one for £50.00 squid for the day.

Better than damaging a car 👍

🐀

Couple of pics when it's all off,a big beast but I was surprised how relatively light in weight.

Big RatIMG_2829.thumb.JPG.d3306315a7f2f8aeacaf0ce1c9c1be46.JPGIMG_2830.thumb.JPG.9d839af10b87e9ea11404ef30a04b0ab.JPG

Nah, wouldn't want it in car.  I could wrap it up and get a courier to collect from Sheffield to have it shepherd back here though, may be less than £50 too.  I'll look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave could i pop over sometime and have a look/listen at your car? i'm only in Rainhill and know Warrington very well - still have a house in Laysh-Ffyorde...