Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I recently bought Lexus RX 400h 2009 Limited Edition and would like to update nav maps. I have no any DVD. It seems that I need to know the number which will fit the my car. How can I obtain the dvd if the number is unknown?

hi,phone any Lexus dealership and they should be able to provide you with the information you need,alternatively you could also visit this lexus maps update website and you should be able to get the info you need. Then again a member on here who has the same car(year) as yours could also help 

Forget the onboard nav and just get a TomTom/Garmin/whatever.

Seriously - the onboard navs are clunky and outdated and can't do half the things a TomTom or other standalone unit can. I only use it as a sort of rolling screensaver and much prefer my trusty TomTom.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Forget the onboard nav and just get a TomTom/Garmin/whatever.

Seriously - the onboard navs are clunky and outdated and can't do half the things a TomTom or other standalone unit can. I only use it as a sort of rolling screensaver and much prefer my trusty TomTom.

I tend to agree - I just tried to enter an address into my (updated 2016) Lexus and it couldn't even find the town! You can't enter a full post code so address finding is a pain sometimes. However, I did have a very bad experience with Tom-Tom and switched to Garmin and I'm seriously thinking about getting another one.

You can get the number of the one you want by simply popping the existing one out and looking at the label. If you look for other threads on this you'll find where I got my update. 

David

1 minute ago, rynd2it said:

I tend to agree - I just tried to enter an address into my (updated 2016) Lexus and it couldn't even find the town! You can't enter a full post code so address finding is a pain sometimes.

@Madartsoft, I quoted David above because he gave two great illustrations.of what you can't do with the inbuilt DVD-based system. Another one is to add your own Points Of Interest (POI). For example, our car runs on LPG so I have all the LPG filling stations in the country loaded into my TomTom as points of interest. It doesn't matter where I am, if I get low on fuel I just tell TomTom to navigate to the nearest LPG station and off we go. You just can't do that on the inbuilt nav.

As others have said, get a Tom Tom or Garmin with lifetime map updates, watch for the offers at Halfords, absolute bargain sometimes for less than £100.

Bin off the Lexus sat nav.

OK, an update on the Map DVD. Yesterday as I said I tried to enter the following address "22 High Street, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6AJ.

I put in the High Street, got some towns listed but Milton wasn't there.

So I changed and entered just the town - not found. I tried the actual name as a POI but that didn't work either. I gave up.

Today, with a bit more time and the manual to hand, I started the entry by trying to set a Memory Point and using the search area, entered the Post Code - then I entered the street and it said "High Street, Milton" :( So it did know but couldn't find it using the normal data entry - complete crock. Lexus could fix this if they wanted to, can't be hard as the data exists so it's just programming (I was one for 40+ years) but now I'm either going to enter my destinations well in advance or buy the Garmin.

Cheers

David

On 16/05/2017 at 0:28 PM, rynd2it said:

OK, an update on the Map DVD. Yesterday as I said I tried to enter the following address "22 High Street, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6AJ.

I put in the High Street, got some towns listed but Milton wasn't there.

So I changed and entered just the town - not found. I tried the actual name as a POI but that didn't work either. I gave up.

Today, with a bit more time and the manual to hand, I started the entry by trying to set a Memory Point and using the search area, entered the Post Code - then I entered the street and it said "High Street, Milton" :( So it did know but couldn't find it using the normal data entry - complete crock. Lexus could fix this if they wanted to, can't be hard as the data exists so it's just programming (I was one for 40+ years) but now I'm either going to enter my destinations well in advance or buy the Garmin.

Cheers

David

David, With my '06 RX350 I tried your address and was successful by starting with the postcode [first 6 characters only] then chose List  which included Milton Cambs. As soon as I pressed H in Street Name it gave me High Street and finally I selected 22.

I always start with post code.

Hope that helps.

5 minutes ago, GrahamG said:

David, With my '06 RX350 I tried your address and was successful by starting with the postcode [first 6 characters only] then chose List  which included Milton Cambs. As soon as I pressed H in Street Name it gave me High Street and finally I selected 22.

I always start with post code.

Hope that helps.

As far as I recall (can't check as my partner has the car right now) the Post Code is not an option on the Address selection, only on setting a memory point. Even so, it has limited use as you can only enter the first 6 characters. It could be so much better

20 hours ago, rynd2it said:

As far as I recall (can't check as my partner has the car right now) the Post Code is not an option on the Address selection, only on setting a memory point. Even so, it has limited use as you can only enter the first 6 characters. It could be so much better

From 'Address' select 'Town' and that gives a number of alternatives including 'Post Code'.

It certainly is clunky and has long been criticised for not allowing the full post code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I just recently drove to Germany and the Lexus nav is quite good stuff. One thing is that when I checked the DVD Map version it shows something like 2008-2009 ver.1 I found website where can purchase the update but it asks about part number. Where I can find the part number? I checked cargo compartment and there is no DVD inside.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, rynd2it said:

It's a while since I have swapped my 400h for a 450h, but I am pretty sure you can enter postcodes (although only 5 digits)... you just need to go to the second page of the navigation entry screen.

• 5 months later...
On 30/05/2017 at 10:57 AM, Madartsoft said:

Hi, 

I just recently drove to Germany and the Lexus nav is quite good stuff. One thing is that when I checked the DVD Map version it shows something like 2008-2009 ver.1 I found website where can purchase the update but it asks about part number. Where I can find the part number? I checked cargo compartment and there is no DVD inside.

How is the map version found?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/05/2017 at 12:03 PM, Madartsoft said:

I found the disk so now can find an update.

did you ever buy a new satnav disc for your rx400h?  

Do you have an old one to sell (cheaply)?