Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone gone from an ISF to RCF?

Yes I have.

Rather than repeating stuff already posted, is there a way of searching for my posts by name rather than trawling all the threads?

There is more on one entitled Isf v RCF depreciation. I've no idea how to link to it. Apologies for being a technoretard

RC-F and GS-F are both very good cars but I'd be more tempted by the GS-F as it is better suited for my needs. The GS-F needs to drop in value a little more though!

31 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Probably been posted before but this might be of interest 

Peter

Ive not seen that before, very good thanks

I don't believe the GSF is available here in Silver, much mirth on here about that but I think it looks a little like what one would imagine an updated ISF would have looked like 👍

Big Rat

11 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Peter

Ive not seen that before, very good thanks

I don't believe the GSF is available here in Silver, much mirth on here about that but I think it looks a little like what one would imagine an updated ISF would have looked like 👍

Big Rat

Just checked the configurator and GS-F in Sonic Silver is there..

day-exterior-3_1J2_LB20.jpg

https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/?GS/edcc1082-51ec-44a2-8b7a-fb99504082ad/configure

• Like 1

I did consider it. My concern was depreciation and being able to sell it. Depreciation has transpired to be high so that was correct. I also think come resale the rc-f will be hard to sell. The Lexus performance cars are not well known at all. The isf had good reviews against its peers so was easy to shift. I can see the same being the case for the rcf. Poor press reviews will inevitably lead people to other cars like the M4. Sad but true. Ultimately if you love it then go for it but it would have to be a heart purchase and not a head purchase. 

7 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Just checked the configurator and GS-F in Sonic Silver is there..

day-exterior-3_1J2_LB20.jpg

https://carconfig.lexus.co.uk/gb/en/?GS/edcc1082-51ec-44a2-8b7a-fb99504082ad/configure

It's still a maybe for me in the future, and thanx for the above, the residuals are appalling so I'll bide my time.

Bug Rat

Just now, Big Rat said:

It's still a maybe for me in the future, and thanx for the above, the residuals are appalling so I'll bide my time.

Bug Rat

Hey! What have you done with Big Rat??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I did consider it. My concern was depreciation and being able to sell it. Depreciation has transpired to be high so that was correct. I also think come resale the rc-f will be hard to sell. The Lexus performance cars are not well known at all. The isf had good reviews against its peers so was easy to shift. I can see the same being the case for the rcf. Poor press reviews will inevitably lead people to other cars like the M4. Sad but true. Ultimately if you love it then go for it but it would have to be a heart purchase and not a head purchase. 

Agree with all you've said we had one last week on an extended test, they really are very very good.

Big Rat

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

Agree with all you've said we had one last week on an extended test, they really are very very good.

Big Rat

Absolutely and a bloomin bargain but sadly my funds from one car bolster the purchase of the next. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Absolutely and a bloomin bargain but sadly my funds from one car bolster the purchase of the next. 

Pretty much how do things as well, but as I've mentioned I have no intention of letting the ISF go in the short or medium term.

Bug Rat

28 minutes ago, peachy said:

I need to stop reading these threads and watching the clips otherwise I'm going to end up remortgaging my house.

@peachy Man maths time there is a highly regarded estate agent on the forum I'm sure he will be able to help you, his terms are very reasonable he simply requires a full set of the last type of ISF wheels @emjay82 customer in the wings 😂

Big Rat

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@peachy Man maths time there is a highly regarded estate agent on the forum I'm sure he will be able to help you, his terms are very reasonable he simply requires a full set of the last type of ISF wheels @emjay82 customer in the wings 😂

Big Rat

Hang on, aren't all Estate agents well regarded??? @Big Rat😂. Why remortgage @peachy when you can sell and support your local friendly estate agent 👍. Sod the commission, I only accept genuine Lexus alloys as payment. 

• Like 2

My man-maths says depreciation is OK over a long enough time. The IS-F dropped £19,000 in just under 5 years. I suspect i'll keep the RC-F for just as long, so hopefully the curve will flatten out.

Any thoughts of changing it have been totally banished after my recent road trip