Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone tested the IS-F limiter?

I discovered that the RC-F seems to have a top speed limiter and wonder if the IS-F has one too.

I was ambling along the new bit of the the A4 autobahn near Duren on Sunday morning and decided to see what I could get to. Several times I hit 177 mph on the clock, and each time the engine note changed and the acceleration stopped. It was pulling strongly before 177, so I estimate it would have got to 185 or 190.

I did sneak it to 178 one time, but that was after giving it full throttle all the way out of roadworks from 30mph all the way to the top so I imagine the momentum carried it over  That was fun!

The quoted top speed is 171mph = 275kph so I would guess 177 is a true 171

Its amazing how easy a 130mph cruise turns into 175+, and cornering at 160 was so relaxed.

Go over to Germany and have a bash. Go on; you know you want to

• Like 6

The ISF is similar, pulls all the way to the limiter and it is noticeable when you get there.  Would love to see what the car would do with it removed, no idea what but would expect it to be 180-185mph

• Like 2

I'm sure I read up that the top speed with the limiter removed was 201mph but the limiter was put in place as the engine couldn't sustain without problems, think it was the gearbox where issues laid 

Max I've done here is 167 mph but wasn't comfortable going any faster on the roads we have here.

From what I remember I was close to finishing 6th gear so still 2 more gears to go :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I got to 70MPH on the motorway once. Then @Mark G came flying past with an Audi A3 convertible pushing him out of the way!

If you were doing 70mph then I wouldn't have passed you.......................the limit is 70mph.

Audi A3 convertible you say???? Mobile hairdresser in a hurry:whistling1:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Defratos said:

Max I've done here is 167 mph but wasn't comfortable going any faster on the roads we have here.

From what I remember I was close to finishing 6th gear so still 2 more gears to go :)

I understand top speed is 6th and the top two gears are for economy. I don't know where that info came from, so it may need checking

I wouldn't fancy 167 anywhere other than autobahnen. Where are your roads?

^ Outside Jeddah, KSA.....in the desert pretty much but a lot of cross wind. 

You might be right but I was close to finishing 6th gear and would of had to shift to 7th if I wanted to go any faster. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Defratos said:

^ Outside Jeddah, KSA.....in the desert pretty much but a lot of cross wind. 

You might be right but I was close to finishing 6th gear and would of had to shift to 7th if I wanted to go any faster. 

I'd be making sure my tyres condition / pressures were absolutely spot on 😇

Big Rat

^ Yup always do, I have an aftermarket TPMS stuck on the front window and always make sure they're spot on :)

I would never do such speeds in the UK btw and never do these speeds in the city here or anywhere around other cars 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Defratos said:

^ Yup always do, I have an aftermarket TPMS stuck on the front window and always make sure they're spot on :)

I would never do such speeds in the UK btw and never do these speeds in the city here or anywhere around other cars 

Lucky man to have the roads to play on 👍

Agreed BUT now a days the police have become such #$%4 holes that they will impound my car just for having a slight window tint or any sort of modification. 

My car looks pretty stock and sounds normal (not loud) but recently they've just become really annoying and stopping anyone they dont like and making their life hell. 

Cars that don't even have headlights are ok, cars that wouldn't even pass an MOT are ok, even if they're tinted or not road legal. 

But they see someone in a nice car and they'll throw the book on them, which is why I'm sending my car to the UK where I can legally enjoy driving it and not worry about anyone taking advantage of the law because at least in the UK the laws are clear cut, not like here. 

Honestly I've hated driving here in the past 5 months which is why I'm shipping my car to the UK where I can actually enjoy driving it.

Sorry for drifting off topic :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Defratos said:

Agreed BUT now a days the police have become such #$%4 holes that they will impound my car just for having a slight window tint or any sort of modification. 

My car looks pretty stock and sounds normal (not loud) but recently they've just become really annoying and stopping anyone they dont like and making their life hell. 

Cars that don't even have headlights are ok, cars that wouldn't even pass an MOT are ok, even if they're tinted or not road legal. 

But they see someone in a nice car and they'll throw the book on them, which is why I'm sending my car to the UK where I can legally enjoy driving it and not worry about anyone taking advantage of the law because at least in the UK the laws are clear cut, not like here. 

Honestly I've hated driving here in the past 5 months which is why I'm shipping my car to the UK where I can actually enjoy driving it.

Sorry for drifting off topic :) 

I spent some time in Oman and the Emirates, they love a good bribe there!!lol

Not had it on the limiter but in the South of France early hours of a bank holiday morning I was between 150-160, I tend not to spend too long looking at the clocks when I am travelling so fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

I spent some time in Oman and the Emirates, they love a good bribe there!!lol

Ok I'll understand Oman, but I would be shocked to find anyone in UAE taking a bribe.

As for here, he'll take the bride and then throw you in jail if he's feeling nice, I don't trust then here one bit tbh. 

• Like 1

Defratos, I'm just speaking from my personal experience from 2003-2013, may of changed in last few years. I Ina previous life I dealt from time to time with government officials from middle East and African countries

The RC-F has a tyre pressure monitor. I put 3 bar in the tyres before going into Germany, and then had the pressure monitor visible to see if there was overheating. I assume there would be a warning, as there is when they fall below 2 bar, but I wanted to be safe. 3.2 bar was the highest I saw.

Its good to hear the IS-F does what it claims too as well

3 hours ago, Mark G said:

Not had it on the limiter but in the South of France early hours of a bank holiday morning I was between 150-160, I tend not to spend too long looking at the clocks when I am travelling so fast.

@Mark G just the sat nav  😉

🐀

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Mark G just the sat nav  😉

🐀

The last person that called into question my sat nav skills had a rock placed on the roof of their car..............................................

toyota-yaris-on-the-rocks-pic-adam-chatterton-231475639.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Mark G said:

The last person that called into question my sat nav skills had a rock placed on the roof of their car..............................................

toyota-yaris-on-the-rocks-pic-adam-chatterton-231475639.jpg

@Mark GBlimmin heck matey I know you save up the asbestos for future use but that as we say in this part of the world is a'Gurt Biggun'

Big Rat

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what mine does these days! :wink3:

Pretty sure the RR-Racing tune removes the top speed limiter?! If so, could be fun! :yes:

If not, hope they remove it with the supercharger tune?

Still, working on handling, brakes and additional cooling first off. :thumbsup:

• Like 2