Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As well as the above advice, I'd be checking your carpets and boot area for damp.

When you check your cabin filter, you're looking for it being blocked, thus restricting the flow of fresh air.

feels to me that it is possibly a really damp area of carpet somewhere or maybe the boot is full of water in the spare wheel well maybe !

Malc

I found a drinks bottle under one of front seats (left by kids) with lid not quite tight was a problem recently.

Also it seems the carpets can hold enough moisture without feeling damp, but enough to steam up the windwscreen.

I found helped to leave moonroof tilted (only on really dry days) helped dry out the car, and changing filter made a difference in terms of time to de-mist.

I second an examination of the spare wheel well because failure of the boot lid seal is a known problem.

Also the drains from the sun roof might be blocked.

The RX range has suffered from a number of water ingress problems and if you read their stories of very expensive and frustrating woe it would encourage you to be determined to solve this issue as soon as possible.

In all cases the first indication of trouble is unusual misting up of the windows.

Another, although less likely possibility, is that the moisture/vapour barrier plastic in the car door has failed and permitted ingress of water beyond the door seals. Very common on cars where work has been carried out on doors e.g. window regulator, speakers. Often, the barrier is reinstalled using duck tape or similar which fails. Butyl cord is the best for reattaching such barriers.

• Like 1