Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front parking sensors?

Jamalaya

Hi All,

As you know (if you read this forum) I have bought a used Lexus CT 200H auto (navigation) 2012 model. I like the reversing parking sensors, However, I noticed that front have sensors too!!! if I am parking (not reversing) and come close to an obstacle it beeps like hell until I reverse about 1 foot from the obstacle. Is this normal? do they have front sensors or is something wrong with my car?

To be honest I haven't done much with the car except driving as I am a little busy to enjoy it yet.

I really have no idea, nothing in the spec that I can find. good thing, I am not complaining, I am just surprised,

Do you think it is normal?

I know one spec where it has a front radar. I don't think mine has it.

Normal but be aware they are more for the corners at the front. Just helps avoid a dent when pulling out a tight space rather than to warn you about what you should see out the windscreen anyway!

• Like 1

thanks Colin. that explains why sometimes it beeps and other times it does  not. Depending where the obstacles are. Also where i got confused and I did not know there were  front sensors, so I thought something is wrong with the car, why it is beeping :-)

Surely if you have the navigation system, every time the front sensors pick up an obstacle it is displayed on the screen. Did that not give you a clue?

I find it particularly useful when driving up and down ramps in tight multi-storey car parks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mandon75 said:

Surely if you have the navigation system, every time the front sensors pick up an obstacle it is displayed on the screen. Did that not give you a clue?

I find it particularly useful when driving up and down ramps in tight multi-storey car parks

no. nothing on the navigation screen.

As others said, it seems to mostly object when obstacles are on the side. Like a bin for example, where I park near once a fortnight. I'll double check for the screen though, but I haven't noticed.

If you car system works similarly to mine the Parking Assist display can be switched to off, check the setting in the Park Assist menu

Also the front sensors operate differently depending on whether reversing or travelling forward.

From my handbook -

■ The Lexus parking assist-sensor can be operated when
● Front center sensors:
• The power switch is in ON mode.
• The shift lever is in a position other than P or R.
• The vehicle speed is less than about 10 km/h (6 mph).
● Front corner sensors:
• The shift lever is in a position other than P.
• The vehicle speed is less than about 10 km/h (6 mph).
(At any speed when the shift lever is in R)
● Rear corner and rear center sensors:
• The shift lever is in R.
■ Lexus parking assist-sensor display
When an obstacle is detected while the rear view monitor system is in use, the warning
indicator will appear in the top right of the screen even if the display setting has been set
to off.

• Like 1

Yes it's normal.. it depends on speed as well, if you're crawling.. eg, parking.. it will come on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk