Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet front edge rust warranty claim

So, they declined my warranty claim after many weeks of radio silence, and only when i chased but didn't say why.

I've pushed back and asked for official reply including rationale and evidence but anticipate they will say it's due to paint depth variance as it did show some when depth checked.

It's not been painted previously that I can tell, if it has it's a bloody good job well done. And why would someone pay when its covered? Seems like a cop out to me.

What recourse do I have?

Who has had successful claims?

Not very happy with Lexus thus far to say the least.

Hi 

I was thinking if it had been painted before, maybe the previous owner didn't know Lexus give a 12 year paint/rust warranty.

I've had 2 Gs300 and have had 2 successful claims, they were very quick to do it aswell. Within 2 weeks of me putting the claims in, car was in their body shop where ever that was and they fitted brand new bonnets

Could be, but up until 2 years ago, only ever went to Lexus, and the rust is older than that, so presented during Lexus being the only service people, thus I'd have hoped they would have said, or been the ones to inspect and perform such repair....

Either way it's very short sighted, as was going to get them to sort issues out, do full service, investigate and fix whatever noise I've got and whatnot, which would earn them far more than the cost of a bonnet spray or replace!

its not rust the bonnet is aluminium I had mine done about 2 years ago and was told that where it folds over at the front it sits on the rubber seal gets and sweats in the fold , I would keep at them or take it to another dealer they know it was a fault with them if that fails I would write to lexus uk. goodluck 

Still waiting on their reason for decline. Says a lot when they can't even tell you what they have declined.

Will wait a week more, then complain to Lexus.

Considering I have several issues, including the very expensive abs pump, you'd think they'd want to impress for the trade, but alas, appears they do not care one ounce.

• 2 months later...

So, after 4/5 months of waiting, finally had the reason for decline: 

This warranty, as distinct from the 3 year manufacturers warranty which covers mechanical failure and paint defects, only covers corrosion caused as a result of perforation to the original body panels caused by contamination or poor preparation at the factory.   We have seen no evidence to demonstrate that this is the cause in this instance.

no apologies for the various visits, me having to chase via phone and email numerous times, and whatnot.

so, it'll be soon time to say good bye for good to Lexus, as not willing to have a car with exceptionally poor dealer support. Shame, as the car is brilliant, but looks like I'll be returning to Merc.

unbelievable