Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 LS460 Options-Did You Know?

Since owning my SWB 460 registered 2007 I have never really been sure what the original owner  chose from the options list. I have noticed differences between 460's  but I had assumed wrongly that the equipment on my car was, in the main,  standard.  I tried the original dealer whose sales records no longer go back to 2007, or so they say,  I tried Lexus UK but the very nice lady who tried to help me wasn't up to the task but finally I got the info I wanted.  Anal? yes I agree.  

Here are the facts without listing every item:  In 2007 there were 3 models, LS460, LS460 SE and LS460 SE-L

LS460  12 options

LS460 SE  7 options

LS460 SE-L  1 option

NB: A wood leather steering wheel was an option on all 3 models and the Key Card was an option on the LS460 and the LS460 SE

The original and previous owner to me was a Caravan Park Owner and he chose the 3 upgrade packs which were available (18 options across the 3 upgrades) He also opted for the  Key Card, making 19 options in all. He decided  not to order the car with the wood leather steering wheel option.   Had he done so the car would have had all 20 of the available options at the time.  I fitted a wood leather steering wheel (no heat function as it was a retro fit) but not because I wanted all 20 options as I didn't know what was standard equipment or an option at the time I fitted it.    So why did I do this?.   The reason:    In October 2018  I want to trade up to an early version of the LS600h L,  the one which has 4 seats, Ottoman  and fixed rear centre console.  Eventually I can  say to the Lexus salesman that my present car  has every option that was available so he can't down grade my car by saying it was all standard equipment.  Admittedly the wood leather steering wheel isn't heated and I could refit the original if I needed to.  I'm aware options don't always affect future values but I've locked horns with some "Smart Alec" franchised  salesman before who think  they are  one step ahead of the customer. 

Anyway just thought I would share my obsession for detail.

• Like 2

To be honest I doubt weather the fact your car is optioned to the hilt will make a difference to the trade or sale price as it is now 10 years old and the type of buyer you will attract will not care.

The general condition and mileage will be the criteria for resale and PX value.

I can also see why the original owner did not take the wooden steering wheel, they are not very comfortable on the fingers over long journeys and tend to be a bit hard on the hands.

yep, agree, an 11 year old car with whatever options might not be that important to a potential fresh owner, certainly not to the car dealer. :sad:, well, not that is going to make any difference to the price he pays you.

But you will have enjoyed the luxury of it all ............. so do you think your next move to a Ls600 is actually  " trading up " ?

Malc

Great research, but a little unnecessary. Next October, the salesman will ask the model, year and mileage, look in his book and say £4k and send it to auction. He wont even bother looking at the car.

You wont be disappointed with the LS600hl, (rsr package was the only option) 

Good luck, Graham.

Couldn't launch the two links scythe, maybe because I use a Mac Book, no permission it said. Thanks  though for sending.

Recently drove a 600h L  and simply liked the fact up to 40 mph it's all Battery power, so quiet.  The LWB is amazing with the Otterman and 4 seat option so with the lower tax band I think for me it's an upgrade.  No perceived difference in ride, power, mpg etc and the prices are not so much different to a good 460.  I think maybe the thought of the Battery giving problems or failing would put people off but all cars are a risk to some degree or other.   I owned 3 Bentleys and they were more trouble than the pleasure of driving them.  A warning light usually came on once every 2-3 months.  Not so with this 460. 

Re: options,  yes I do enjoy the options and those that rely on electronics and/or motors all work, the rest based on trim etc can't fail and no matter what  a salesman might offer or think of a car with a full set of options or no options at all Lexus UK still offer older LS models for sale on their website if they are good enough, even 400 and 430's appear from time to time.   The definitive answer on options came from the official 2007 book used by dealers back in 2007 which my dealer gave me recently.  Thanks for all the feedback/comments.       

SAM_0858.jpg

• Like 1

Me too - im thinking of bypassing the 460 and going for the 600 . . . . . . .  . . . . . . eventually! - to me that is the only natural upgrade and i get to experience the hybrid side of things!

I do keep thinking about the gs450h from time to time and really want to experience the CVT box but really I want the 600H